what does it mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does it mean

Hello all, This is my second post the first being on the AF thread regrading a problem I have which if any of you can help would be great.

Now I now I am not the most up to date person with all this on line stuff but one thing I would like to know is what do all the icons mean on the multiplayer server screen on bf2?

Anyway I would just like to creep at this point and say this sight helped me when EA didn't on another problem I had so thanyou very much

Re: what does it mean

Welcome! I'll take a stab at this one.

Red bar = Unknown
    Grey bar icon = Windows Server
    penguin icon = Linux server
    2 icon = Tells what game is being played (green 2 is special forces)
    Corporal Stripes icon = Ranked Server
    headphones icon = VOIP enabled
    PB icon = Punkbuster enabled
    Monitor icon = Battlecorder Enabled

Comment

The monitor, i belive, is "Content Check".

Comment

ok thanks for that always wondered that. The red bar Revoluti0n I think your right baecause if the server isn't full (or nearly full) then it's green and the headphones I thought were voip. PB ok thats me being thick but for the rest cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by stujb
          ok thanks for that always wondered that. The red bar Revoluti0n I think your right baecause if the server isn't full (or nearly full) then it's green and the headphones I thought were voip. PB ok thats me being thick but for the rest cheers guys
          No problem dude. Indeed, I am almost sure (about 80%) that the Monitor icon the last one in the row is for battle corder. I'll check it on our server. Your description of the red bar makes a lot of sense I think you are also correct on that. Good to know, these things hardly anyone thinks about..LOL!:laugh:

Comment

EA Support Site: What do the icons on the server browser mean?

Comment

hmm... out of curoisity, i sometimes see a green triangle on the left of the 2, whats that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
                No problem dude. Indeed, I am almost sure (about 80%) that the Monitor icon the last one in the row is for battle corder. I'll check it on our server. Your description of the red bar makes a lot of sense I think you are also correct on that. Good to know, these things hardly anyone thinks about..LOL!:laugh:

Fair enough perhaps more playing and less thinking from now on then

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Hudson
                  Nice link. Not many 64 bit Linux servers out there, eh?

Comment

The bar icon on the far left of the server browser indicates the load on the server machine. It is common for this icon to be red.
                    Poor BF2 servers, I bet they die really young.

Comment

Working...
                    X