This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke/Vehicle cheat?

First, let me say that I am one of the last people to cry "cheater" and I didnt say anything on the server last night, but I have to ask about it here because it was just so odd...

Here's the situation. I was playing Warlord last night and this guy from the Insurgents was wrecking our team with a T90... I climb into the SAS tank and take off after him. When I finally find him and plunk a tank shell in his tail-pipe, he turns tail and runs away to repair...

but here's the strange part..... as soon as he begins to flee, it was as if a smoke grenade popped out from under him... his whole tank was enveloped in a cloud if blinding smoke and he made some quick turns and got out of my line of sight...

I chalked it up to a coincidence or...something... and kept playing. Couple minutes later, I encounter the same guy in an APC and the same thing happens... I hit him with 2 tank shells, he turns tail to run and a huge puff of smoke shields his retreat.

At this point I became suspicious and started hunting the guy down. 5 separate occasions, me in a tank, him in either a tank or an APC and each time, upon contact with opposing armor, he popped magic smoke from under his vehicle which disoriented his attackers.

Now, like I said... Im not normally one to claim "hacks" but this was way too strange not to post about.

Does my tank/APC have a secret smoke-screen James Bond attachment I dont know about, or is something more troubling going on here?

Re: Smoke/Vehicle cheat?

Ummm... You know you can press X while in tanks and it deploys smoke right???

Comment

lol yes your tank does have this magic james bond attatchment, its called the x button

Comment

lol. Smokehack....

Comment

You had no idea you could pop smoke with a tank/apc?

Comment

Lol.

Yeah...you can pop smoke in APC's and Tanks. Very useful for evading enemies.

Comment

Reminds me very much of this old thread.

Comment

HOLY FREAKING COW!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!

LMAO!!

No, I had no frickin clue I could do that. Man.... I feel like a douche... Im glad I didnt show my ass and call him out on the server last night.

Thanks for the info, and not making me feel like even more if an idiot in the process.

Thats priceless...

Smoke-Hack... Im a dipsh*t...

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                  Reminds me very much of this old thread.
                  http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...ladderhack.exe
                  The best part of that thread is when he thinks your sig is a post.

That was classic.

Comment

BAAHAHAHAHA... I didnt know about the ladder thing either! HAAHAHAHAHAHA...

Im really laughing here, this is great.... Im almost First Sgt. and I dont know the features of the game.

Next you're going to tell me that the scope on the sniper-rifles isnt just for decoration and I can use it to aim..... pfft. </sarcasm>

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                      BAAHAHAHAHA... I didnt know about the ladder thing either! HAAHAHAHAHAHA...

Im really laughing here, this is great.... Im almost First Sgt. and I dont know the features of the game.

Next you're going to tell me that the scope on the sniper-rifles isnt just for decoration and I can use it to aim..... pfft. </sarcasm>
                      I can't believe you haven't seen anyone pop smoke in a tank before. That's crazy...it's the first thing I do when I hear the lock on alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Skwurl
                        The best part of that thread is when he thinks your sig is a post.

That was classic.

Nah, the best part was:

Originally posted by T-raV
                        yes he is using ladderhack.exe or maybe he is just holding his sprint button while going down. One or the other
                        Originally posted by dadog
                        i was trying to do it but i think its a ladderhack.exe

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                          Nah, the best part was:
                          Touche.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                            No, I had no frickin clue I could do that. Man.... I feel like a douche... Im glad I didnt show my ass and call him out on the server last night.
                            If you had called him out, it would have been funnier. Then we'd have a post on this forum today about some noob complaining about a "smoke hack" during a game

Don't feel bad, I'm sure that many of us don't know all of the features and keys. I certainly don't...

Comment

Well, let this thread be a lesson to newbs like me everywhere..... there's always something to learn...

X in a tank is the "Magic smoke hack"

and

Sprint on a ladder slides you down quick-like.

Now if only there was a way to bring injured team members back to life.....

Comment

Working...
                              X