bf2 wont start!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf2 wont start!!!

hey guys i dont know what happened but my bf2 wont run. i double click the icon and it display the bf2 logo and the screen goes black like it usualy do but today it kicks me right away to desktop after that...it was fine yesterday cos i played for 6hours of bf2..i didnt mod it or anything like that. i just uninstalled the game and reinstall and run it and the same problem...is there any solution to this? perhaps it didnt uninstall all the files of bf2?..pls some1 reply quick!

Re: bf2 wont start!!!

use the full 1.3 patch...

Comment

i have 1.3 patch and i been using it since it was repleased and had no problems with it...i just got this problem today...if uninstall dont work i might have to reformat my computer..and fresh install of winxp?...how do u reformat the computer?

omg i just reinstalled bf2 and tried patching 1.3 and patching failed? wtf!!!!! is happening!!!...i need help pls!!!!

help me pls!!!!!! ! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa im going crazy here

Comment

I'm in the same boat mate. looks like its loading --> a resolution change then whammo.....

Always worked, then one day it didnt.

Tried different graphics drivers, sound drivers...no patch / latest patch,
        all to non avail.

The EA utility DOES question my graphics AND sound drivers, but they are the same as ive always used.......

I've been away for over a month now, and im ready to jump back in....

In the best Penelope Pitstop voice

"hayelp, hayelp!!!!!!"

Comment

same thing happened to me then i reinstall the patch and never happened again

Comment

The same thing was happening to me until a little while ago it did the same thing but also gave me a message like this:

mods/bf2/shaders/lighting.fy not found!!! _DO_ something something something, _AND_ something something (really!!)

BTW, that (really!!) was really at the end of the message so I'm wondering if its some kind of bf2 virus. Please someone help with this. I'm reinstalling the full patch right now and if that doesn't work, I dunno what I'm gonna do.

EDIT: I reinstalled the patch and BF2 has started up. I'm not sure if its without problems tho...

Comment

Ok guys and girls, here is a real good tip if you’re getting booted back to the desktop when trying to enter the game.

I did this and all was sorted out, so if you’re still having problems try it out.

First, go to my documents and find the Bf2 folder then (enter) it and there should be another folder also called Battlefield 2.

Cut it and pasts this to your desktop, if there is no folder within the Bf2 folder, cut and paste the entire Bf2 folder to your desktop, (it may still work)…

Then go to “START” and “RUN” and type in temp, once it shows any files delete them all and close this.

Try and enter the game as per usual. (You should now be able to enter the game!)

If all is well exit as soon as it allows you to do so and then cut and paste the Bf2 folder from your desktop back to my documents within the Bf2 folder or if there is no folder present paste it simply into my documents. (In my experience there was a folder present).

This should fix the crashing to desktop problem, somehow your files have become corrupted, Bf2 automatically updates files so it will fix this issue if you follow the above.

You’ll need to set everything again in your options and controls and also re-enter your player details like name, e-mail and password etc but at least you’ll be able to play and fix this issue in future god willing it works as it had done for me today.

Hope I’ve helped.

Comment

Working...
              X