Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have not played in over a month- 1.3 was a smack in the face!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have not played in over a month- 1.3 was a smack in the face!

I've been away mostly due to me killing my 6800GT but other factors have contributed. Tonight was the night for me. The wife went to bed, my 5 month old son is asleep, and I'm staying up late just to squeeze a game in. What am I greeted with when I load my SF map for the first time...? CRASH after loading the map. I laugh it off because I've read all about this already. Restart the game, load the map, CRASH!!!! What a joke. It really hit home since I've been away for so long. Last I played- the freakn' game was actually playable.

Anyway, I know I'm simply echoing what's already been riddled throughout this message board. It's just that problems with the game have never been so apparent.

Yeah- I'm running out and buying a stupid booster pack. /sarcasm

Re: Have not played in over a month- 1.3 was a smack in the face!

1st time loaded for me was a problem too. Everything plays nice now. Still get server crashes though.

Use the escape key to enter game. Fixed some of my problems.

Comment

we need a 1.31 soon, dice is just getting sloppy

Comment

Originally posted by hebrewhammer14
        we need a 1.31 soon, dice is just getting sloppy
        I think it's more that they never quit being sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by i made you
          I think it's more that they never quit being sloppy.
          thats a BIG negative

play bf1942 - they had their time.

Now they just think they are bigger than what they really are.

Comment

hey, if you load up a map and see join map wait til it loads it up for you. i don't get anymore CTD

Comment

You guys V1.4 is sheduled to be released soon and i think they fixed that annoying problem(hopefully). And guesse what!?! They are giving us a FREE map with V1.4 update. Its called 'Road to Jalalajab'. Maybe dice didnt screw up on this update. oh... they are also haveing a public testing of V1.4 soon. There is more info in forums, just search v1.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Travers1111
                You guys V1.4 is sheduled to be released soon...
                No, it's not.

(<---- at DICE, not you)

The only thing they announced regarding a time frame is that the Beta testing will begin in July, and since this time it's an open beta, you can bet that we won't be seeing any final patch until August at the earliest. :cry:

Comment

This game isfantastic again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I reinstalled and applied 1.22 patch last night, game plays great and there are still a decent number of ranked servers out there and your scores are still updated if youre on 1.22.
                  I had enough of CTD and server disconnects and enough of 1.3, it will never go on my system again. Its amazing the warmth of stability you get in 1.22. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                    thats a BIG negative

play bf1942 - they had their time.

Now they just think they are bigger than what they really are.
                    Kinda funny that people keep mentioning this "golden" 1942.
                    I never really got into 1942. Most because Tribes had it's hooks in me, but also because every time I tried it servers were full of endless whining, insane amounts of lag, wierd bugs, and campers all over the fruggin place.

The communication's system was awful.
                    Voting wasn't even implemented until a later patch and even then, it was through a really rotten system.
                    Even while playing on a T1(!) with a shilck box I had lag on the lowest ping servers.

We tend to forget that past glories were only reached via hard roads.

Comment

I played BF42 a few times but I really bought the game for Desert Combat. Now THAT was a game back then. Constant developer/user interaction via direct communication channels, very responsive to community wants and needs, and monthy patches/added content. Those were the days.

I honestly don't think they'll get BF2 right. It makes me rethink purchasing BF2142....

Comment

Kinda funny that people keep mentioning this "golden" 1942.
                        I never really got into 1942. Most because Tribes had it's hooks in me, but also because every time I tried it servers were full of endless whining, insane amounts of lag, wierd bugs, and campers all over the fruggin place.
                        I'm fairly sure he meant Desert Combat, not the original BF1942. Especially since this was the original game/mod developed by DICE. And I still consider that the best. I like things about BF2, but DC still holds a special place in my heart. God I miss being a spotter for my teams artillery!

Comment

Originally posted by LaserCobra
                          I've been away mostly due to me killing my 6800GT but other factors have contributed. Tonight was the night for me. The wife went to bed, my 5 month old son is asleep, and I'm staying up late just to squeeze a game in. What am I greeted with when I load my SF map for the first time...? CRASH after loading the map. I laugh it off because I've read all about this already. Restart the game, load the map, CRASH!!!! What a joke. It really hit home since I've been away for so long. Last I played- the freakn' game was actually playable.

Anyway, I know I'm simply echoing what's already been riddled throughout this message board. It's just that problems with the game have never been so apparent.

Yeah- I'm running out and buying a stupid booster pack. /sarcasm
                          Don't take it so personally. Relax. Breathe.

The reality is that as consumers we accept flawed PC software. For game software we don't want to spend extra time waiting for patches or spend extra money to fund comprehensive testing.

For software that controls a laser that is aimed at your head to destroy cancer cells in your brain, then we want and pay for comprehensive testing.

In my opinion I'm pretty sure we get what we pay for in BF2.

Comment

new open beta patch is going to be released in early july

Comment

Holy Sh*t! You have a wife and kids and is are stil playing BF???? WHAT THE FUDGES

Comment

Working...
                              X