Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Connect To Account Server

Hey Guys,

I am having some problems with connecting to my account server. I have 4 accounts and none of them can connect. I get the loading screen saying "connecting to account server" but that is where it stays and i have to ctrl+alt+del to shut it down via the processes.:hmm: :evil:

I have tried to do a system restore and clean registry and scan for spyware and nothing at all.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Re: Cannot Connect To Account Server

I'm having the EXACT same problem dude. I click login, i wait.....the little stupid '2' icon spins.....nothing else happens, it just hangs. Sometimes i can alt+tab out or ctrl+alt+del and shut down BF2, most the time however i have torestart my freakin pc.

Just another stupid BF2 problem i guess.

Comment

I had that problem. Clearing cached servers didnt help me at all, oddly using the other BF2 icon solved it.

Comment

I had the same problem so I uninstalled battlefield 2 then I installed it again and now when I try to conect to my account it says "there was an error reading from the account"

Comment

This is so annoying. I've just had the same problem. Although on the first occasion a message popped up saying somthing like: "The server has refused you access" somthing along those lines...

And now it just hangs on the "Connecting To Account Server" screen.

help

I have 2 accounts. 1 as my original default account, which I don't use and maybe should have deleted. And 1 Using my gamer tag.

On the login screen, before I have clicked to connect, my main account already says that it is "online" before I have connected.

Could this be a messup with the server having not recognised that I logged off before? So it thinks I'm still online playing all day and night...

Or has some someone accessed my account and they're using it?

If I use my default account it will pass the first step connecting to the server but wont let me play online - and hangs when I try to set up a new online account.

I don't know if this is related...

Comment

Its getting worse now, when I try to connect to my account after about a minute it cuts out and goes back to my desktop!!! What do I do?

Comment

i was having the exact same problem guys

Read here http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80791

but it seems to be working ok for me now, how about you guys?

Comment

Uninstall the game, then reinstall up to patch 1.22. Try that. if it works, then try installing 1.3, if u have the problem then its 1.3 to blame. Lots of people having probs with 1.3 - it basically shredded my PC when I installed it.Couldnt play the game at all, crashes, unable to access, lag, etc etc. When I went back to 1.2 everything fine.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperDooper
                  Uninstall the game, then reinstall up to patch 1.22. Try that. if it works, then try installing 1.3, if u have the problem then its 1.3 to blame. Lots of people having probs with 1.3 - it basically shredded my PC when I installed it.Couldnt play the game at all, crashes, unable to access, lag, etc etc. When I went back to 1.2 everything fine.
                  It worked! THANKS ALOT I have been trying to get it to work for ages

One more thing, because I unistalled then reinstalled bf2 I dont have euro force and when try to download it from ea it just says "Play Now" any suggestions on how to get euro force without having to buy it again?

Comment

Its Saturday 01/07/06 & the account server wont allow me to login! N e 1 else having trouble?

Comment

14/07/2005 im not able to connect to my account.

I havent used it in eight months.

How can i solve it?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X