Help with install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with install

I was trying to reinstall BF2 but ran into a problem. The message that came up was http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/865/prntscrnbf22jg.jpg
    I tried installing it again but got the same message. I had it installed before and it ran without any problem. Anyone know what may be wrong?

Re: Help with install

i get that message when i go to install SF, My disk 2 is corroupted data3.cab wont read so it says that. Could be your torrent was missing a file or something

Comment

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
      i get that message when i go to install SF, My disk 2 is corroupted data3.cab wont read so it says that. Could be your torrent was missing a file or something
      Thats the thing, it isn't a torrent. Its a hard copy. I had to get a different serial because I lost mine. Could that be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by PitwrkzZ1
        Thats the thing, it isn't a torrent. Its a hard copy. I had to get a different serial because I lost mine. Could that be the problem?
        that is most likely it champ =)

Comment

Originally posted by PitwrkzZ1
          If you did a complete uninstall, removing all of the registry entries also, then the new key would not cause that. During the install, the only time the key is checked is prior to the install. If after the install the key is being used, it will tell you so.

Follow the complete uninstall info from EA and see if you can reinstall then.

EDIT NOTE - SF Uninstall info.

Comment

When I get install issues when I install off CD's I'll try coping the files from CD to my hard drive (keeping the same directory structure) then running the install from my local drive.

This does sometimes work so it could be worth trying. I've not tried it with BF2 but it can't do any harm to give it a try.

Comment

I treid the registry unistall thing and did it except for the last part where it asks you to go into microsoft and remove {04158...} because I didn't have that. I tried installing it again and got the same error. Kurt, I tried copying it onto my hard drive but got another error.

*bump*

Comment

Working...
              X