Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to Desktop / HELP!!!

Hello all,

I resently had a HardDrive die on me so i had to reload my BF2 and in doing so, i reloaded it with all patches individual, also tried BF2 1.3 load and as soon as i click on desktop icon and it blinks to load a couple of times it crashes to desktop. I have never had this problem even before my hard drive crashed! I dont normally have all the problems that normal people do with all the issues relating to BF2.

Also, before you talk about my specs, it isnt my specs!

PC Specs

2.7gig intel
    1.5 memory
    ATI 9800pro 256mb

Everything has updated drivers etc, etc!

Cheers,

T

Re: Crash to Desktop / HELP!!!

If by patches individual....u mean incremental then some people have mentioned on here that has caused problems. Use the full patches. TBH having a little trouble working out what u mean "also tried BF2 1.3 load"?????? Does that mean u tried the full patch....lol

Comment

Tried Both!

T

Comment

Isin't CTD on startup a video driver problem? You might try editing the videocon and force it to 640x480 for startup. Maybe if you add +szx 640 +szy480 to the icon it will start?

Comment

Iam not sure what that is and how to go about it, can you explain further?

Thanks,

T

Comment

had ctd for day and a half after install saw a post about ram plud out my ram and switch spots put it back in and for some reason it stoped the ctd havent crashed since

Comment

Its all good, it was my fault i wasnt up to date on the graphics card!

Thank you all,

T

Comment

well my CTD are back again this is ****ing major BS and im thinking of throwing BF2 out the window its absolute BS, ive reinstalled BF2 with full patch 1.3 works for a week and then its **** again:cussing::censored:

Comment

Working...
                X