Need help with bombing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with bombing

I could really use some help as far as bombing. I'm a great pilot whether its in the chopper or air to air combat but i'm just not used to BF2's Bomb HUD. I don't understand the relationship of the speed and the placement of the markers on the HUD. If someone could explain to me how to in a sense "aim the bomb" It would be much apprecciated.

Thanks
    -Mike

PS- Pictures for reference

Re: Need help with bombing

get to 500+ feet.

dive straight down

release bombs ~50-100 ft up

if the target is moving, lead the target.

Comment

aside from dive bombing ^_^

i have issues with pulling up

Comment

Originally posted by Crossis
        aside from dive bombing ^_^

i have issues with pulling up
        Get a joystick, or map one of your mouse keys to "pull up".

As for the pic, your approach is just perfect to bail over the carrier. Not much bombing there.

Comment

heh just got a joystick. But I know it is possible to do bombing runs without dive bombing. I did it all the time in bf1942 but I saw this guy today that was just dropping bombs pretty much right on top of tanks without doing dive bombing but just flying right over head

Comment

Originally posted by Crossis
            heh just got a joystick. But I know it is possible to do bombing runs without dive bombing. I did it all the time in bf1942 but I saw this guy today that was just dropping bombs pretty much right on top of tanks without doing dive bombing but just flying right over head
            Check another bombing topic, Ive explained how to do horizontal drops.

Comment

Yeah you can do horizontal drops, but they are way harder.

Just get a little bit of an angle, not straight horizontal.

The best tip I can give is to drop the bombs early... dont drop them like 5 ft above the target.. lol.

Comment

He could wait and see metallicaguitrst video tutorial when it's fisnished and uploaded, eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
                  He could wait and see metallicaguitrst video tutorial when it's fisnished and uploaded, eh ?
                  I guess we soon have to donate some beer credits so he can finish it sooner!:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X