Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Everyone I Am Begging For Help With My Punkbuster !!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Everyone I Am Begging For Help With My Punkbuster !!!!!!!!!

hey everyone
    i was playing BF2 last night and all was well, i woke up this morning tried to play online and i got kicked by Punkbuster. i tried again and again and again but the same stupid error message kept on poping op. i tried everything.
    new updates for punkbuster, reinstall my BF2, get spyware to fix some bugs,
    made sure i was an administrator. everything really. i have read alot of Forums and non have been able to give me and answer. The error message that i get from Punkbuster is labelled, "Inadequete O/S Priviliges . and please please please if you know a solution please tell me about it.
    thanx alot guys.

Re: Please Everyone I Am Begging For Help With My Punkbuster !!!!!!!!!

Help if you told us what the error was.

Comment

As far as I know you are not the main admin of the PC you're playing on, so more accounts
      You need to change that!

Comment

Update punkbuster using PBSETUP (download and run from anywhere)

or

PBWEB (download and run from pb subdir of BF2 install dir)

then run this app:

and follow directions from here:

Make SURE you are logged into Windows XP using an ADMIN account.

Comment

Try this: I think its for Vista only though.
          Battlefield 2
          We ran Battlefield 2 in both its native un-patched state and with the latest 1.3 patch, and both of them seemed to work just fine. There's one significant gotcha that crept up several times in our testing: Punkbuster. The Punkbuster anti-cheating code is a common part of many online games (particularly shooters), and it works by scanning game files to make sure they're not compromised. Most Battlefield 2 servers have Punkbuster enabled, and when we joined one, we got promptly kicked out of the game with a message saying Punkbuster failed due to "inadequate O/S privelages."

The solution is simple enough: right-click the BF2 icon, choose Properties, and then in the Compatibility tab check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator." After doing this, we encountered no problems joining any server.

In XP, right click and then chose run as... and make sure your admin account is selected.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD
            Try this: I think its for Vista only though.
            Battlefield 2
            We ran Battlefield 2 in both its native un-patched state and with the latest 1.3 patch, and both of them seemed to work just fine. There's one significant gotcha that crept up several times in our testing: Punkbuster. The Punkbuster anti-cheating code is a common part of many online games (particularly shooters), and it works by scanning game files to make sure they're not compromised. Most Battlefield 2 servers have Punkbuster enabled, and when we joined one, we got promptly kicked out of the game with a message saying Punkbuster failed due to "inadequate O/S privelages."

The solution is simple enough: right-click the BF2 icon, choose Properties, and then in the Compatibility tab check the box that says "Run this program as an administrator." After doing this, we encountered no problems joining any server.
            I have tried to do as you explained but i get to the Comptibility tab, but there is not box to tick that sais "run this program under an Administrator" it only sais the following.

1: Run this program in caompatibility mode for ( then you can choose windows 95 and 98 and 2000 ect ect)
            2: 256 colours
            3: run in 640X480 screen resolution
            4: Disable visual themes
            5: turn off advanced servises for this game

Comment

If you're running XP, right click and then chose run as... and make sure your admin account is selected.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyMACD
                If you're running XP, right click and then chose run as... and make sure your admin account is selected.
                i just tried this option aswell and i still get kicked out of the servers.
                i am thankfull for your help but its just not bloody working for me.
                i am nearly tempted to re format my PC

Comment

...and have you read MY post yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                    ...and have you read MY post yet?
                    yes i have the punk buster update installed and the VX2 this does not give me any options to delete anything that is getting in the way of PB.

Comment

Working...
                    X