question: 2 seat bomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question: 2 seat bomber

OK, so a buddy and I join a server to try out the 2 seat bomber. We jump in and take off with me as the pilot and him as the bomber. I watch his first bomb head towards an enemy tank and then veer off to kill a teammate at the end. Well I think it was an admin or something cause he was immediately kicked, which I thought was pretty funny. So he rejoins and tells me that he wants to fly this time so that he doesn't get kicked/banned if it happens again.

second attempt he is flying and I am bombing. I get my first "i got lock" fire!... watch the bomb/missle head to the lock then veer off and hit the ground right next to the target but far enough away to do no damage. Next few times I get lock, all the targets (friend and foe) dissappear just after I shoot... the missle harmlessly hits the ground and all the targets pop back into existance.

Now I looked at the ping's for me and my buddy and both of us were under 100. What I want to know is this a common problem or was it just the server?

Re: question: 2 seat bomber

The trick to use the missles in the two seater is you'll only hit what's in front of the jet. You can only go a little to the left or right of the nose of plane, if you go too far it'll just fly into anything. I believe it works fine going up or down, however, not to the max down.

I haven't flown in a two seater since the patch, but I believe that rule shouldn't have been changed.

Comment

To put it another way;

The anti-vehicle missiles on the bombers have a maximum turning radius. They launch straight ahead. If the target is outside the turn radius of the missile, it's going to miss.

I haven't seen any air to ground missiles break away from an enemy lock to go after a friendly. Neither before or after the 1.3 patch. Previous to 1.3 I bingoed several friendlies, but that was due to the bug that painted friendlies and enemies with the same target box.

That's not to say I don't believe it happened... rather that I haven't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
        To put it another way;

The anti-vehicle missiles on the bombers have a maximum turning radius. They launch straight ahead. If the target is outside the turn radius of the missile, it's going to miss.

I haven't seen any air to ground missiles break away from an enemy lock to go after a friendly. Neither before or after the 1.3 patch. Previous to 1.3 I bingoed several friendlies, but that was due to the bug that painted friendlies and enemies with the same target box.

It's happened to me. Also, it seems like the F-15 loses lock more often than the Su's do. That has always seemed to have been the case regardless of what patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
          To put it another way;

used to happen alot, mostly when your target gets destroyed as your firing, it then veers off and kills a friendly tank. can sometimes be guided out of the way tho.

Comment

I've seen this every now and again. i've found it helps to keep your crosshairs over the target, cos they do guide the bombs.

Comment

Working...
            X