Collaborative Movie Project - Proposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collaborative Movie Project - Proposition

I was recently sitting around trying to think of another idea for a BF2 movie that hasn't been done yet. My thoughts led me to thinking about what makes a BF2 movie good. The answer to that, of course, is whether or not other people like it. That then led me to thinking about all those BF2 movie tournaments that are held to find the "one best BF2 movie" or "the funniest BF2 movie." And here's where my idea comes in.

Rather than have all these fantastic minds working AGAINST each other, why not work TOGETHER? Let's have all the big names (and small names) of BF2 movie productions join together and create one big movie that will be fun for both the creators to create, and the viewers to view. I've seen this done twice before on two different forums, each with a different method of execution. I will briefly outline them below.

The first came to be known as "The Most Amazing Story Ever Told." This was basically a colloboration between a few of the major flash websites (Goonland, RockSchool, KillFrog, BunnyGrenade, JoeCartoon, JayDonaldson, CampChaos) at the time. Goonland basically started a story in a flash cartoon, and left the ending open-ended. It then passed the unfinished project on to RockSchool, which continued the story for a bit more, left it open-ended, and then passed it down. It went all the way to CampChaos, and then finally back to Goonland, who finished the story. You can find the episodes for TMASET at the GoonLand site. This idea could be expanded to TMABFSET (The Most Amazing BattleField Story Every Told), where a story begins with one movie maker, and is passed through others until it goes back to the first guy, who finishes it up. Each has their own style, their own touch, and their own abilities and style of humor. I can really see this being fantastic.

The second one, I am sure many of you heard of. It was a collaboration of hundreds of forum users, each who recorded and editted pieces of movies and added sounds or music to them. They then found common themes, distinguished funny from unfunny, and formed what is now known as the AMV (Anime Music Video) Hell series (AMV Hell 0, 1, 2, and 3). Even if you don't like anime, I HIGHLY recommend it if you enjoy laughing, and it can be found at the AMV Hell website. Again, this can be adapted to BFMV (BattleField Music Video) Hell. With enough input, and with enough people participiating, this could also come out really well. Keep in mind that the audio can be music (aka a song), or even a clip from a TV show (aka Family Guy, South Park, w/e).

Before I go any further with either idea, or try thinking of more, I thought I'd ask for some input. What do you guys think of having a collaboratie movie project? What do you think of TMABFSET? What do you think of BFMV Hell? Do you have any ideas of your own?

Share!

~Salad

Re: Collaborative Movie Project - Proposition

the most popular movies seem to be humourous and stunt movies. Go with both.

Comment

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
      the most popular movies seem to be humourous and stunt movies. Go with both.
      That's what I love about both of those ideas. It really is up to the author/developer/filmer/director as to what their part will be about, how it's done, etc.

~Salad

Comment

Good idea, now we just need some really good movie makers :P

~Ownage

Comment

i can be a actor

Comment

How about humour, stunts and story?

...Not just yet

Comment

My favorite movies have a plot and voice overs along with a beginning, climax, and ending. You make that and you got my download for sure.

Comment

Working...
              X