The secret to the diving kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The secret to the diving kill

Hi, i am new to this and was wondering if anybody could reveal how to do this.
    an example that has happened to me three times in a row in one battle with the same guy.
    your scouting the close building terrain and you come across an enemy player at very close range. as soon as they see you they dive through the air and put one bullet in you that kills you. I don't understand how you can dive through the air and shoot at the same time but never mind. I really want to learn how to do this because it is pi**ing me off lol.
    does anyone know what i mean or how to do this? as this happened to others?
    many thanks

Re: The secret to the diving kill

if you mean they dive sideways and roll, then its not actually happening. what they are doing is strafing to the side, then whilst holding that button down hitting the prone key. the roll is an animation on your end, not theirs. as for the 1 shot kills, chances are they're simply headshotting on burst fire.

Comment

Ok thanks, will give it a go. I was also wondering if it's worth getting a joystick or gaming mouse for this game? I am new to pc gaming you see and was wondering if it helps performance much.
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
        if you mean they dive sideways and roll, then its not actually happening. what they are doing is strafing to the side, then whilst holding that button down hitting the prone key. the roll is an animation on your end, not theirs. as for the 1 shot kills, chances are they're simply headshotting on burst fire.
        Do headshots actually count for anything different than bodyshots? I swear so many times I've tried to go for the head and he's just turned around and popped a ****ing pistol in my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
          Ok thanks, will give it a go. I was also wondering if it's worth getting a joystick or gaming mouse for this game? I am new to pc gaming you see and was wondering if it helps performance much.
          thanks
          If you are going to fly, then you should use a joystick.
          For infanty use, some have suggested using the Nostromo Speedpad N52 for this game. It'll probably be my next purchase. The standard keyboard work well enough though.

Optical mouse is the way to go. Some people like mice with extra buttons (more than 3), and some like wireless, and some like adjustable DPI. It's all a matter of personal preference. You should at least have an optical, 3 button (scrollwheel) mouse, IMO.

Originally posted by *-Hilliar-*
          Do headshots actually count for anything different than bodyshots? I swear so many times I've tried to go for the head and he's just turned around and popped a ****ing pistol in my face.
          Yes, headshots do more damage than body shots. If the guy turns around to shoot you, then you didn't shoot him enough. I'm not sure how much more damage a headshot does, but it is more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
            I was also wondering if it's worth getting a joystick or gaming mouse for this game? I am new to pc gaming you see and was wondering if it helps performance much.
            thanks
            Personally I don't think having a gaming mouse adds much. You can buy a gaming mouse like the Logitech G5 to try it out but they're quite expensive and, IMHO, not really necessary.

I would recommend you get a joystick though. They're pretty cheap and (for me) make flying easier (plus it's more fun flying with a joystick).

This is all relative though, some people prefer flying with their mouse and other people will swear that gaming mice are better than standard mice. IMHO, stick with your current mouse but buy a joystick.

Comment

They do, as a quick and easy example take the m24 against a full health target. hit the head, they're down. hit the body, they'll run like a headless chook. just hope you dont suffer from the lovely lag/packet loss combo.

And yeh get a joystick, but only if you're gonna use other games with it as well. its not worth getting even a cheap one for *just* BF2. try practicing flying with just a mouse and keyboard combo on single player or even create your own local server.

Comment

The one head shot kill is not entirely accurate - what actually happens is that a headshot give x3 damage so on the basis that all soldiers have 100 health, you'd need to have a weapon that does at least 34 damage per hit to get a single headshot kill. Based on the weapon stats this means you need a sniper rifle, assault rifle etc to pull this off. Pistols and most carbines don't do enough base damage.

Comment

Originally posted by baggygreen
                  What I want to know is how does that stupid animation affect you as the shootee. You see the animation of their roll but I think in reality they are already shooting at you so it appears as if it only takes a shot or two to kill you. I think whoever rolls first wins that gun fight. If you see them roll you might already be dead.

Comment

Working...
                  X