Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Well the title says it all. I had my hard drive in a RAID Array. I uninstalled it before deleting the Array. Now that I've uninstalled it I've yet to get bf2 installer to launch without crashing. It goes accross after the logo with the preparing to install crap, then crashes. I've went through my registry, and deleted anything bf2. I just typed in Battlefield 2 and clicked find, and went right down deleting bf2 entries after the first time few times of it failing to install of course.

Anyway now I don't know what else to do, unless theres some install or uninstall file that exist in that registry some where causing this. I have the harddrive back up and running as it was a storage drive to begin was just setup incorrectly. I've got it setup right now (not that it being setup wrong had any effect on bf2 running) and now it doesn't want to even start. I don't even get to specify where I want to install bf2.

A little help from some of you guys out there who know way more then me about this kind of stuff would be appreciated thanks!

Re: Help

I would try a registry cleaning program, like RegCleaner... save a backup of your registry and run a full clean and see what happens. RegClean is another good one.

Google for them and you will find a lot of links.

CNET Download provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers

Comment

Reboot your computer and do the follwing upon startup.

1) Start/Run
      2) type the following %temp%
      3) Select all the files then delete.
      4) Close window
      5) Start/Run
      6) type the following prefetch
      7) Select all files and delete

After that is complete, right click your main drive and run disk cleanup to rid the rest of any installation files. Run BF2 installer again and report back.

Edit:

The best cleaner in the world is Crap Cleaner, http://www.ccleaner.com/

Comment

Crashed once again.

Comment

I wonder if it's the autolauncher...

Have you tried exploring the CD and just clicking on the Setup.exe icon?

Comment

Yes same results.

Comment

Are your drive(s) still under raid array?

Secondly, I would try the following although its annoying,

1) Disconnect from your internet, network.
              2) Go to start, run
              3) Type "msconfig"
              4) click on the startup tab
              5) write down what options you have checked currently
              6) after writing down the items you have checked, uncheck them all.
              7) click close and select the option to restart when the box promts you.
              8) try to install BF2.

basically what you're doing is trying to perform a install with no items running at startup, just incase something such as a spyware blocker might be causing the crash.

Comment

I just called it a day and formated.

Comment

Working...
                X