Is it worth coming back ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth coming back ?

Hi all Ive not played BF2 for about 5 months now due to college etc, is it worth playing still ? Have they ironed out all the bugs etc ? Just thought I would get the heads up first.

Re: Is it worth coming back ?

eh. I still like it. there are some crash issues so beware

Comment

Yes and no. There are better games out now (even singleplayer) but BF2 ain't dead yet. Try mods. I don't even play vanilla anymore, no more challenges you know, PR rocks. If I'd be you I'd download Project Reality and play nothing else

Bugs are still there and gameplay is the same old crap it used to be. (in PRMM it's perfect though)

Comment

Try coming back in a month or two... a new patch might fix things.

Comment

no if i were you i would eather get another game or wait like a month for the new patch.

Comment

All games have their quirks. Battlefield just have a crapload more. I dont really find that the glitches ruin the gameplay though.

Comment

God, of course, BF2 is brilliant fun and will be for quite some time. The greatest multiplayer game about, in my opinion. Sure there's patch grievances and issues to work out, but do you really want to retreat into some gay arse World of Warcraft nonlife? I mean people meet up and have relationships because of that game. Weirdo goth sexual relationships. There's none of that here my friend, thank Christ.

Comment

Yes it still is worth playing. Even though it still has some bugs, but what game doesnt...

Comment

Originally posted by fubars
                  Hi all Ive not played BF2 for about 5 months now due to college etc, is it worth playing still ? Have they ironed out all the bugs etc ? Just thought I would get the heads up first.
                  did you like the ability to leave a squad a rejoin if you were the squadleader?

well you can't do that anymore. don't get me wrong, it hasn't hurt my ability to play the game, but it has caused the teamwork factor to drop a little. i know i will get bashed for this opinion, but it was a major change in the dynamics of gameplay. it was not wanted in a large way, regardless of what the people for the change say in defense. there was a huge turnout to try and prevent this "fix," since DICE never intended for it to be abused in public servers.

it was one of those across the board changes that was not left up to the server owners to decide upon using, and should have been optional imo.

with that said, it's the same buggy piece you bought a year ago, almost to the day, and i still play a lil everyday or at least when i can. it's still one of those preference-type games.

Comment

ya i was in the same boat i didnt play this game for a good few months, but comming back is fun, just wait till the next patch,

Comment

Thanks for that guys, I may take your advice & wait for the next patch, I do miss the team work element I bought Day of Defeat yesterday just to get some practice in & cos it was cheap But its a bit of a free for all no tactics just charge & shoot bit like COD. But theres very little tk which was rife when I last played BF2, any idea when the next patch is out ?

Comment

probably in a month or so..maybe more, because theyre having an open beta...

Comment

D00d!!!! Of course it's worth coming back!
                          There are all these soldiers fighting and stuff and tanks rolling leik *crrrrcrrrrr* and these choppers are leik *ratatatatatataatatttt!!!* and do you remember
                          these planes leik OMG LOL *wheeeeeeeee BOOOOM!!!!!!*

This game is so ROFL!!! :laugh:

But you must download a huge patch

Comment

Well, I hadn't played since last September, and a week or so ago I logged in, realised there were no other servers running 1.01 or whatever it was, downloaded the patch, and started playing. I've had no problems, not with lag, with crashes, with teamkillings, nothing at all. Still just as good as it always was.

Totally agree about the World of Warcraft thing, is all a bit too intense for me, requires almost total dedication, to the detriment of all else. Friend of mine said he couldn't come out Friday because he had a quest meeting with a Dark Elf wizard from Birmingham (whose in-game character is 'quite fit' apparently). Lunacy, I tell you.

BF2 is beautiful, pick-up-and-play, intense action for as long or as short as you want it. Love it.

Comment

You have convinced me I will come back to the fold , but I will have to buy myself a new copy I sold my original one I will probably buy the deluxe pack even though Im not a great fan of the SF add on. As for The World of Warcraft Ive never been a fan of shooting monsters or Zombies but each to their own.

Comment

Working...
                              X