Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noone got a solution? (Once again... verifying)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noone got a solution? (Once again... verifying)

Hi!

I would like to clarify first what I can't do:

*Get a new computer
    *Get more RAM

I really lack of money and interest to make my components better.

So...

...as everyone know there are people like me who just refuse to join pure servers because they have MD5 hash mode on.
    MD5 hash mode means that the game searches your harddrive for cheats everytime you join a server.

For some people like me it takes over 5 minutes, and it's really depressive/aggrevating to sit there and wait 5 minutes for a server that will change the map when you join anyway.

This was not a problem because we could join Linux servers who did not have MD5 hash on, therefor it didn't take a long time to join a server.
    But in the 1.3 patch DICE made it so every server, including Linux can have MD5 hash on.

This caused irritation for me... I got really mad, I couldn't care less about the bugs, getting hit by a car from above, cheaters etc.
    I loved the game, when I felt like playing I could playing, but now... I almost have to make a schedule.

"Hm, sunday, no.. my parents told me to clean the room at 4... well, if I start playing at 6 in the morning I maybe... no, skip sunday".

I have done some regristry tweaks, closing all kinds of services in Windows, BF2 tweaks and some other tweaks... but it just isn't helping.

I know I'm running on a old socket (socket A) and not the best one... but my processor AND computer can handle BF2 VERY VERY well.. I run everything on medium which is quite good for my computer - and no lag.

I think the main problem is my HD, sure it's a Western Digital with 7.200RPM, but it's limited to 1.5gb/s instead of 3gb/s because my motherboard can't handle SATA II HDs.

Magic stick... anyone?
    Kind regards,
    Eric Kixfox

Re: Noone got a solution? (Once again... verifying)

First, try renaming your bf2 folder in "My Documents" and play the game to see if you still get md5sum errors. Dont worry, you can delete the newly created default folders if you still get the errors and then rename the original back...nothing lost.

Also, it may be an overclocking error that is causing the errors. In your sig, you mention that your cpu max is 2800MHZ. You cpu may be causing errors when calculating the md5sums. Try running it at normal clocking speed for a few rounds. Remember, the stamped cpu speed was selected cause the cpu failed at the higher rates.

As far as more mem or a new system.....more mem if you cannot get a new system. A new system will more than likely use different memory than your old one. So, choose wisely. What will cost more in the long run....more memory now and then replace everything later..or just go for a new system now?

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar_Man
      First, try renaming your bf2 folder in "My Documents" and play the game to see if you still get md5sum errors. Dont worry, you can delete the newly created default folders if you still get the errors and then rename the original back...nothing lost.

Also, it may be an overclocking error that is causing the errors. In your sig, you mention that your cpu max is 2800MHZ. You cpu may be causing errors when calculating the md5sums. Try running it at normal clocking speed for a few rounds. Remember, the stamped cpu speed was selected cause the cpu failed at the higher rates.

As far as more mem or a new system.....more mem if you cannot get a new system. A new system will more than likely use different memory than your old one. So, choose wisely. What will cost more in the long run....more memory now and then replace everything later..or just go for a new system now?
      Hi.

First I want to thank you for your post.
      You have mentioned things no one else mentioned to me before.

In my sig I mentioned my max clockspeed.. why? I don't know, it's only 2100MHZ but in the manual it said that it's fully clockable to 2800MHZ, so I wrote that down...

I don't understand what you mean by renaming, you want me to rename the "Battlefield 2" folder in My Documents to something like "Battlefield 2 - renamed"?

Won't it create a new one then?
      If so, then it won't work.. I've recently reinstalled the game to my new harddrive which is about the same as my western digital.

About new syster/more memory, I won't get neither of it THIS SUMMER atleast, I'm starting to loose the addiction to the computer, so I don't want to encourage myself to use the computer or a new computer more.. if you know what I mean.

Kind regards,
      Eric Kixfox

Comment

"*Running all settings on medium and Anti-Aliasing on 2x without any problem"

Those settings are too much for your system. I suggest turning anti-aliasing off altogether and lowering some of the eyecandy to low. This won't effect your loading time I woulda thought but at least the game will probably be less jerky for you.

I also can't see your hard drive specs there - how big is it and how full is it? The more full your hard drive, the longer it takes BF2 to load (from personal experience). I have a 160GB, and when it was full it took a lot longer to verify. Also defrag.

Comment

Hi!

I don't want to sound rude...
          I'm glad you tried to help but as I said BF2 are RUNNING JUST FINE except MD5 hash takes too much time.

I'm running BF2 on my gaming harddrive, not the Western Digital (storage drive) one with 150GB storage. I am running BF2 on my Seagate 7.200RPM (basicly the same as the Western digital), but 80GB. It's also defragged with O&O Defrag professional weekly.

Comment

My apoligies for my attempts at making the game run better for you. My suggestions on your graphics settings were a suggestion to make your ingame experience run smoother. If the game runs fine for you with those settings and that graphics card, you're a lucky chap and more power to you.

Didn't see your hdd information. How much data is on the 80GB? I heard a rumor that BF2 pretty much scans your whole hard drive for exploits, so having a full hard drive could slow down your load times. It might even check the bigger HDD on your machine as well, maybe someone else on here can verify that. I have a similar system and the check takes 1min for me.

Have you tried doing a hdd data transfer benchmark and compared it to what you should be getting? Just wondering if you have a setting on your PC which is inhibiting data throughput on your hard drive which could be making problems for you.

Comment

Hi!

It's no problem, I appriciate every kind of help.

My HDD got some backup (3gb music) on it and then only games:
              America's Army
              Oblivion
              BF2

I haven't benchmarked it yet.
              I think the problem for me is that it's not a SATA II HDD, since my motherboard - as I said - does not support SATA II.
              That means it only transfer 1.5gb/s and not 3gb/s.

Comment

Originally posted by Kixfox
                I think the problem for me is that it's not a SATA II HDD, since my motherboard - as I said - does not support SATA II.
                That means it only transfer 1.5gb/s and not 3gb/s.
                Personally I doubt those make much impact. I'm running PATA and my load time is a fraction of yours.

Have you always had that slow load time?

Comment

Yes. :/

No solution? :S

Comment

Nothing definitive from me unfortunately, your solution could be any number of things.

Maybe one day when you have time you could do a full XP install, move the bulk of the data off your 80GB drive and unplug your bigger drive to see if that makes any impact at all.

Comment

Well.. I guess I'll just wait for the mods to come out.
                      That is what I do at the moment.

BF2 isn't everything, I'm glad I got to play it 1 year and I still CAN play it if I want to wait the 5 minutes.Heh.

But hey, thanks for you help! I really appericiate people like you.

Comment

Working...
                      X