BF2 Flight Simulator MOD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Flight Simulator MOD ?

Is there a mod that focuses on aviation in BF2 upgrading it to a more realistic level?
    ps.: Sorry I couldnt find it anything.

Re: BF2 Flight Simulator MOD ?

I don't think there is a mod just for aircraft. Maybe Project Reality? I don't know.

Comment

The mod your thinking of can never exist in bf2, as it's not possible.

Comment

Cheetah Shrk is absolutely correct. Theres no way a decent flight simulator will ever be made of bf2. Maps are too small, physics are too simplistic, and probably not even enough assignable player inputs.

I know your pain though. Flight sims are few and far between, especially of modern jet combat. I would guess lomac is your best bet there, but i've never played it. I'm an IL2 man myself, but WW2 probably isn't what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Iridium
          Cheetah Shrk is absolutely correct. Theres no way a decent flight simulator will ever be made of bf2. Maps are too small, physics are too simplistic, and probably not even enough assignable player inputs.

I know your pain though. Flight sims are few and far between, especially of modern jet combat. I would guess lomac is your best bet there, but i've never played it. I'm an IL2 man myself, but WW2 probably isn't what you're looking for.
          Just as I thought Btw adding some features would be nice like: gear-control, over G and force pilots to use mouselook instead of rear/front view. That would be enough and its seems possible to me
          Yes, I'm training in LOMAC at the moment

Comment

Mouselook is certainly possible, and easily done. Manual gear control, i wouldn't know how. My only idea for gear control involves sacrificing an all-important axis, and you need all of them for an aircraft. Over-g is, as far as i know, completely out of the question. There might be some clever way to do it, but when taken with everything else that limits sim-ness in bf2, its just not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
              Just as I thought Btw adding some features would be nice like: gear-control, over G and force pilots to use mouselook instead of rear/front view. That would be enough and its seems possible to me
              Yes, I'm training in LOMAC at the moment
              gear control possible, but anything physics your suggesting is not possible, bf2 has the worst physics engine of all time, if it even has a true physics engine.

Comment

For the maps the scale would have to be tuned down so buildings would have to be very small and the rest of the stuff would have to become textures of citys similar to like the PS2 ace combat games to hope for arcadey realism.

Comment

I'd recommend Lockon Modern Air Combat - it's not bad at all

Comment

Working...
                  X