What do you want for the next patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want for the next patch?

Aside from all the technical bugs to be fixed, what changes do you want the next BF2 patch to make?

I'd like to see claymores changed to stop the constant spamming that happens in city maps. Maybes assault class to be boosted, and anti tank rocket launcher able to take hummers out in one shot again. There are afew other things i'd like to be changed also.

Re: What do you want for the next patch?

Originally posted by White*Feather*67
    I'd like to see claymores changed to stop the constant spamming that happens in city maps. Maybes assault class to be boosted, and anti tank rocket launcher able to take hummers out in one shot again. There are afew other things i'd like to be changed also.
    I agree about Claymores. Seeing snipers running around dropping them like confetti is just rubbish. Snipers should either only get 1 claymore or it should take a few seconds to set it up making it harder to just drop them everywhere. Plus they should be destroyable, at least with C4 if not with anything else. Can you tell I don't like claymores :-)

Anti-tanks can take out hummers with one shot as far as I know. I say that because I was taken out in one shot on Karkand last night in a hummer, 3 of us killed. It may already have been slightly damaged but I don't think so. Maybe there are sweet spots to hit like with tanks. He hit us directly from the front if that helps.

Apart from that I want vehicle drops sorting so they don't damage arty, etc (or set as a server setting so we can disable them).

What would make me happiest is having choppers sorted so they are more responsive and turn harder like DC. I miss decent heli's.

Comment

Stability, all bugs fixed and the stupid vehicle drops removed. Dammit I want passengers to count towards the speed of the flag cap again. WTF they want teamwork, that is teamwork!

Comment

I've always believed the BF series has had a balance problem with aircraft. I still believe that. To appease their target demograhpic of fruitroll up mini-van nitwits, they've never made aircraft physics aligned with similar counterparts or rival weapons platforms in the game.

A slight tweaking in this area would be nice.

Techinical bugs would be a nice thing to fix. Some mesh issues and of course the tag bug.

I had no problems with even the 1.3 incremental, other then a two CTDs and more connection problems which can be attributed to other causes ie. servers, PB, and GS. Obviously I'm the rarity. It's my belief that asking this company for anything more then just the minimal on patches is disaster.

I'd forgo any percieved balance problem fixes, for a more stable product. Previous to the 1.3 I had nearly flawless online gameplay. A return to that would be nice.

Comment

Revert to 1.03 =/ + the new map, obviously.

Comment

I want it back to pre 1.3. I rarely had a connection problem and I CTD one time prior to this piece of $hit patch. Now I can't go 30 minutes without a problem. Also this stupid vehicle drop a weapon is totally stupid, I wish admins would boot people for that garbage. I've just about used up my last nerve on this game and it is all because of 1.3.

Comment

Aside from ALL the technical bugs to be fixed,
              new map
              claymores sorted (leave land mines alone)
              make the assult more playable
              give assult more smoke's
              sort out the hit ditection
              make the timer of the car drops longer

humm lots more lol

Comment

Claywhoring gone
                Fix the stupid J10!
                Fix crashes/connections problems

Something that will NEVER be change in this game and I'd like it to be change is:
                Make ACPs and Tanks HARDER to contol/use.
                Make jets HARDER to use, don't nerf them down, just make them more complex, that'd be fun.

But this will never happen..........

TAKE THE DAMN CLAWHORING AWAY AND FIX THE J10! :@

PS? new 'map? HELL NO!!!! NEW 'MAP'S''!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES! FREEEEEE...

Comment

I don't see how having 2 claymores is whoring? They won't make them harder (jets) to fly because they don't want a flight simulator (though it would probably be a fun challenge for you experienced pilots) so they should be nerfed but would like to see the J10 fixed first before I made my mind up.

Comment

I think the main reason people play city maps is because of the inbalance there is over aircraft.

Karkand is the only map without aircraft. I'm sure if there was a map that had no vehicles at all, it would be even more popular than karkand.

Comment

I think the main reason people play city maps is because of the inbalance there is over aircraft.

Karkand is the only map without aircraft. I'm sure if there was a map that had no vehicles at all, it would be even more popular than karkand.

The vehicles are what makes this game stand apart fom all the others I play

Comment

And then the tank whores will need to battle each other on karkand rather than camp the spawns. Hooray.

Hopefully that won't be necessary if there is an infantry-only mode though.

Comment

i play as sniper all the time and even i want the clay probs sorted out. Make it so that it takes a while to place them rather than get rid of them so that its more reallistic.

Comment

I use clays, though not so much now, but if you're going to go that route with claymores, what about sorting out the leaping grenade spamming.

It was rather amusing to watch Karkand servers with two rows of player jumping around like hyperactive bunnies on steroids chucking grenades en masse at each other.

If you want something like that, bring in a mortar. DC tried that but it wasn't entirely succesful.

Main thing I want to see, is sort the STABILITY issues.

Comment

If they just fixed the bloody freezes/CTDs then I'd be happy. Not that there aren't things I'd like to see changed (J-10 nerfed or F-35 beefed up to counter), but I've learned to keep my expectations low with this dev team.

Comment

Working...
                              X