Favorite joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite joystick?

Hey guys and Gals,whats your favorite joystick?I have been using a Microsoft sidewinder2.Any advice about this one?

Re: Favorite joystick?

Well, my favourite joystick is the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, I've been using it since the beginning of Battlefield Vietnam and I freaking love it Oh and I've never used the one you speak of :P

Comment

X-52:d

Comment

So those are your favorites? Only because you havn't tried out better ones..

You really need to go out and get a HOTAS. Having a stick is only going half way, without a throttle. Feels good being able to actually push forward your throttles to go max AB, ooooh yea!

Anyway, the X52 is my favorite, the Blue LED's are really nice too. But my only, but very major, problem with it is its terrible duribility. I've had it for a few months and it's completely crapped out on me. It look's brand new, but it's movement and sensors are completely screwed up.

Comment

My fav is the Sidewinder 2 also. Had two ages ago, broke them both. I keep trying new ones but they're just not the same. Will prob end up buying one on Ebay.

Comment

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. First and favorite joy stick

Comment

...like I said, and just as you yourselves said, those are your first joysticks, they may be cool, but you need to try a HOTAS. (Hands on Throttle and Stick.)

Comment

I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo which seems to be good. Loads of buttons with 3d twist for rudder and throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                  Anyway, the X52 is my favorite, the Blue LED's are really nice too. But my only, but very major, problem with it is its terrible duribility. I've had it for a few months and it's completely crapped out on me. It look's brand new, but it's movement and sensors are completely screwed up.
                  I've heard that about Saiteks--excellent joysticks but horribly delicate.

I had a Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II for many years (it just died a couple days ago :cry and it was awesome. Really comfortable/ergonomic design, smooth axis motion, durable, even good styling. The only downside is that they're hard to find in stores.

The Logitech Wingman Extreme that I'm using now blows chunks in comparison, on all counts--gets uncomfortable after about 15 mins, no tension adjustment, the buttons have poor sensitivity/response (when I try to fire rockets/missiles quickly, it just locks up and thinks I'm holding it down), the roll axis is of shoddy manufacture (I've noticed this is the case with all Logitech joysticks), and I'm not a fan of the quasi-futuristic styling. The only thing it really has going for it is that the thumb-throttle is nice and smooth, and is better for flying choppers in BF2 than a full HOTAS setup, simply because you can adjust it faster.

Comment

I dont know, my Saitek ST290 has been through a LOT of abuse and Im still flying fine. Hasnt even come close to crapping out.

Comment

logitech EXTREME 3D PRO!

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                        ...like I said, and just as you yourselves said, those are your first joysticks, they may be cool, but you need to try a HOTAS. (Hands on Throttle and Stick.)
                        From Attack 3 (no twist handle, less buttons)
                        to
                        Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (More stuff)

And HOTAS will defo be my next toy. I am not too keen to cough up 100 bucks on HOTAS that will fail me though...

Comment

srry this is offtopic but is this joystick good for Lo-Mac is so can some1 say it then wil that be my first and Fav thx

http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=14274

Comment

I have used a couple, but what I currently use (and my favorite) is the logitech freedom 2.4. Yeah yeah, cordless this and that, but I've not had any problems with this one, and the batteries do last quite a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by neilzo
                              Logitech Extreme 3D Pro
                              Yeah, that says it right there.

Logitech® Extreme™ 3D Pro comes in pretty handy right here!

Comment

Working...
                              X