Where'd the balance go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where'd the balance go?

They're right. The game isn't unbalanced. The problem is that players refuse to work as a team. The US could easily win Wake every time if they waited for players to load up on the boats, or the blackhawk, instead of foolishly rushing without a gunner and getting shot as soon as they make it past Arty Island. On the contrary, the Chinese could win every time if they took the time to coordinate defenses, stopped TK'ing for jets, and waited for gunners to enter their jeeps. But the problem is this: That will never happen. There's always going to b players who don't care about winning for their team, they just TK for the BH and fly off without a gunner, and when they find themselves in a fight, they wish they were smarter and had picked up some crewman to man the miniguns. It's all about PEOPLE.

Comment

Originally posted by scottmuecke
      that stupid island is a joke ive never been alive for more than 30 secs and as soon as u jump into a boat there r tanks from either side shooting the crap out of u.
      lol, twp letters, AT. its so easy to take out tanks from that small island, not from the boats, but from the island.
      also why dont admins do anything about artying the ship?? and does anyone think its ok to spawn-rape the ****ty little island with tanks?
      alot of admins do have noob rules like that, and yes i think spawn rape is part of the game. i hate people like you, you act like you should have a safe zone just because we cant capture your base. you act like this is a game of hopskitch rather than a game of war. people get spawnkilled in war man, its just how things go.

Comment

im just saying that if people get tired of getting spawnraped and cant do anything about it, they just disconnect. its just no fun and thats what the game is about. nobody wants to play a game of c how long i can stay alive. even the people on mecs side dont want spawn raping because only vehicles and aircraft get points. teamwork just doesnt work ive been at bases many times and asked people to join my squad as a mobile spawn point but people just dont listen or they r very thick. poeple like u who spawn-rape ruin the game. u dont give a crap about how fun the game is to others u just want to get some points.

Comment

The thing is, it can actually be just as boring playing as the PLA on Wake as it can be playing as a US side stuck on the carrier. If the US can't get off the carrier, then there's bugger all for most for the PLA side to do.

Balance the jets and Wake will become much more playable.

Comment

teamwork just doesnt work ive been at bases many times and asked people to join my squad as a mobile spawn point but people just dont listen or they r very thick. poeple like u who spawn-rape ruin the game.
            That's another good point. Many times I'll enter a server and try to join a squad, when I find there are none. I create one and say "Let's get some squad action going here" and nobody cares. They're too busy armor-whoring on Karkand or Tk'ing for helis and jets on Wake to care about how good the TEAM actually does. And then, it's funny, after the match, the same people who told me to shut up when I asked for somebody to join my squad were bitching about how we lost and everyone else but them sucks. . .

Comment

To whoever it was calling revoluti0n a forum-flamer, i suggest you read more widely some of his posts and threads. he always has something valuable and insightful to say.

People say wake is unbalanced. Yes and no. in my opinion it all comes down to who is on your team. Get a US side full of nublets and you're rooted. No, let me rephrase that. if you get a team of people who think they're all that. nubs you can normally talk around to reason, cos more often than not they're willing to listen if you dont go abusing them. if the Chinese team is full of these hotshots, they too are buggered.

The team that works together, wins together

Comment

the problem is too many people don't work as a team and are kinda clueless like that

I find it fun attacking as US on wake and on iron gator trying to board the carrier

just fly as high as you can and sit up there with the chopper while yoru squad mates sky dive down to the ship and make new squads as they land

Comment

Of all the maps in BF2, I'd say Wake is the only one I'd truly consider 'unbalanced', simply because of what some people mentioned above about the USMC needing more teamwork to succeed than the PLA does. Having said that, though, it's still not terribly unbalanced and the US can win. What's odd about Wake, though, is that the USMC doesn't start out with the extra 10% tickets like all the other maps where one team has ticket bleed and the other doesn't.

And Karkand is a perfectly balanced map. The only reason the US wins is because the MEC team is more concerned with Hotel point-whoring than defending, and all too often they will continue to spawn at the Hotel even after losing the Train Accident, Suburbs, and Gatehouse (32 player version). The USMC has the advantage of an uncappable and has more armour, but the MEC has the tactical advantage of only needing to hold one base because the US has to control them all before they get ticket bleed on the MEC.

Sharqi - same thing. The USMC has the tactical advantage of position, while the MEC has the equipment advantage of having an APC and tank so close to the front lines.

Dalian, Daqing, Oman, FuShe, Zatar - both teams have an uncappable and all the other flags are neutral so they're dead-even from the get-go.

Songhua, Mashtuur - both teams have one cappable main to start off and the rest are neutral so again, they're even at the start.

Clean Sweep is similar to Wake, sans the J-10/F35B fiasco, but IMO a bit more balanced. The US has fewer places to spawn (no arty island), but with a little effort can take a BH to the MEC main base (again, 32 player), or the Small Airstrip, or even the Control Centre to get a foothold on the mainland, and from then on it's armour, armour, armour. Unless one team totally dominates the air - usually meaning one team steals the others' jet - then the map could go either way.

Dragon Valley and Kubra are similar to Sharqi and Karkand, only instead of infantry fighting it's vehicle fighting, but the basic tactics remain - one team all the flags (minus the Bridge Base on Kubra, which starts out neutral) but no uncappable, the other has the uncappable with all the armour at the front lines to start.

I think the devs did a good job at balancing the maps in BF2, to be honest. If I were to pick an exception to that statement I would say Wake, but even still it's winnable if you get some half-decent teamwork on the USMC side. Now if you want to see an unbalanced map, load up BF:V and play Reclaiming Hue. I don't know who the genius was that thought this was a good map design, but he needs to have his head examined. HORRIBLE map. Flaming Dart was about as unbalanced as Wake is in BF2 - winnable but one team does have an advantage. Reclaiming Hue was just a slaughter. All of BF2's maps seem timid compared.

~Wolfgang

Comment

I've said this 100 times..............

Remove the 2 tanks at south, and north ends. Then the map would be more fun, at the get go. I love wake. Its fun. But ONLY when the USMC gets a foothold, then its fun as hell. If usmc cant get off the boat........well, since im not a pilot, or a tanker............i dont have too much fun for for 20 minutes. I could join the rape crowd....but im sorta against it.......as its the rape crowed, ruining the fun for everyone else.

I think i sorta just showed my case, on why base raping sucks. For everyone.

Comment

Remove the 2 tanks @ Wake? Greatest idea ever! Then I would get a lot more kills with da choppa
                      Wake is unbalanced; most of the times, the USMC will be carrier raped to death - unless they capture the Airfield.

Clean Sweep? Usally, before the USMC caps the first flag, it got half of MEC's tickets. I have a 5:1 win/loss ratio playing Clean Sweep, and probably 90% of my losses I got as USMC. That map is totally unbalanced.

Comment

the tanks make it rather impossible to reach the island.
                        In combination with the choppers and jets and buggies......and snipers all on the tips of the island....it can be near impossible to get to land. Now, it is possible, just near impossible.

The tanks can spawn later, but only after usmc captures one of those spots.
                        Even if the PLA takes that back.........they can get tank spawns as well. Just a first spawn run, no tanks.
                        Tanks eliminate 98% of all boat traffic. Choppers, by themselves can hurt them, but never totaly stop them. Same with jets.
                        But the tanks on the shore..........if your within eyesight of a tank, your dead.

A better solution? make the essex movable so an attack can take place from an area that isnt already known. Or, add a battleship.

Comment

It would be fun to drive the Essex.

I think the USMC just needs to let the SL's take the first planes and use them as taxi's to get on the island and the squads can spawn on the leader when they get there. If there was a way to convince the Jet Whores to wait a couple more minutes for the plane to respawn for them, that would be teamwork.

Comment

Working...
                          X