This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was stupid - cd key

I have bf2 installed in my laptop, I am now on vacation and I my bf2 wasn't working so I uninstalled it reinstall it all over again with someone else's bf2. So now I can't play with him because 2 identical cd keys are dissallowed. I wonder what can I do, because it maybe saved somewhere in the pc, someone with a bit of experience would make my day better, thx.

edit: sorry for wrong section.

Re: This was stupid - cd key

Originally posted by simio1337
    I have bf2 installed in my laptop, I am now on vacation and I my bf2 wasn't working so I uninstalled it reinstall it all over again with someone else's bf2. So now I can't play with him because 2 identical cd keys are dissallowed. I wonder what can I do, because it maybe saved somewhere in the pc, someone with a bit of experience would make my day better, thx.

You used his Cds and your CD-Key? 2 Identical BF2 Keys? aye? your not making sense, does your friend have a legit copy of BF2 is he using the same CD key as you?

Not realy sure what you mean here buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
      You used his Cds and your CD-Key? 2 Identical BF2 Keys? aye? your not making sense, does your friend have a legit copy of BF2 is he using the same CD key as you?

Not realy sure what you mean here buddy.

I am at his house, he has a regular copy, I had my legit copy installed but I didnt bring it with me, its back at my home and I am overseas so I cannot get my bf2 box and get my cd key, so I wont use my friend's cd key so I need my own, I am wondering if there is a way of retrieving my cd key from the registry because it has been installed before on this machine.

Comment

I remember it had something to do with going to EA and making an account or something...

and it showed the CD key and stuff.

I think after a patch (1.12?) they made it where the CD key is encrypted or something and you cant just get to it anymore.

Comment

Phone your freind, tell him to read you the CD key over the phone so you can re-install your BF2 with the right CD Key.

Comment

Originally posted by KaoS
            Phone your freind, tell him to read you the CD key over the phone so you can re-install your BF2 with the right CD Key.
            Yeah do that

Comment

Just use your common sense. Are you trying to play online or just single player?

Comment

I want to know if there is a way to get it from the registry or profile data.

Comment

Originally posted by KaoS
                  He is at his friend's house, calling him won't help anything. He needs a friend at his own home to call

Comment

This guy only has one freind? Sorry..

I think there is away for you to find out your CD key from a file.. but if there is im not sure how to do it.

Comment

grrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

There is no way to find out your key from the registry. Since patch 1.03 the key is encrypted.

Comment

Ammm...if you want to play with your account on his computer...you just have to retrive your account with that little special button "retrieve account". Happy playing!

On the other hand...get your CD-Key via the phone. As they said there is no way getting that on your computer.

Comment

Ok...you think that it is stupid that EA doesn't want multiple people playing online simultaneously using the same CD key?

Think about it.

Post v1.03 there is NO way of retrieving your CD key from the registry.

Just either:

a) tell us what you're REALLY doing

or

b) phone home and have somebody give you the CD key over the phone

Comment

Working...
                            X