Possible Solution To "Patching Failed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Solution To "Patching Failed"

Hi i have tried everything to install the 1.3 patch, reinstalled windows, the game, and mulitple 1.3 files from different sources, and removed memory stick while installing but nothing seems to work

However in doing this i think i came across a solution, though rather troublesome. Whenever you restarted the patch file it would skip the bits already updated, so if you got the particular files that were "currupt" it would act like they had already been updated

not pretty or elegant or easy but it might work

So could any1 provide a mirror/list for the files that were updated

or even better a solution that actually works

I only recently got the game, and havent had chance to play online yet, i think this is pretty **** poor from EA on their support

cheers in advance

Re: Possible Solution To "Patching Failed"

your method does work. i was having the same problem with patching my computer but just replaced and pulled my corrupted files off my wife's account on her computer.

if you have a specific file or a short list i could prolly just email to you if my server doesn't limit u/l size

Comment

Originally posted by IDontDoWeddings
      your method does work. i was having the same problem with patching my computer but just replaced and pulled my corrupted files off my wife's account on her computer.

if you have a specific file or a short list i could prolly just email to you if my server doesn't limit u/l size
      Impressive. But not as impressive as:
      A: Having a wife with her own computer who won't bug you on yours

B: Having a wife with a BF2 account.

Does her father own a brewery?

Comment

im stuck on the big objects file at the moment, i got it once but unistalled, because other files failed. the object one is 400mb so i dont expect to get that off any1

i will try it on my friends computer, and see if i can get the big files

If this works, the amount of people that have the problem, it might be worthing torrenting or get some hosting of the all the files in patch, i would but dont have them, or a list of the files

Comment

Working...
        X