I hate you name tag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate you name tag.

This has been a constant problem that i cant for the life of me figure out why there isnt some option or something to change it.

So today Im on Operation Harvest..great fields, good hills etc..

Im making my way towards this tank, hiding behind a hill..yet he sees me, even tells me he sees me..well not me..but my name tag.
    WTF..how the heck is this logical to a Military sim.

There is no such thing at all as sneaky in BF2..which kinda blows. This incredibly hinders Spec Ops ability.
    First we got nerfed from chucking c4 onto vehicles so we were forced to run up and place it (yes I know the exploit, but I will not go that route) So as Im trying to sneak my way over to a tank through bushes or behind a hill my name tag is going "look here memememememe!!!111"
    I mostly feel sorry for snipers..All you have to do is scan the area find the name tag and spot, or shoot them..take your pick.

So name tag..I hate you.

Re: I hate you name tag.

Huh? Was this implemented in a patch or something? I haven't played for like 6 months so I wouldn't know... can you see the opposite's name tag now?

Comment

Its not a sim, its an arcade game, you are a Cpt. and you should know this by now

Comment

Name tags just blow...
        How many times have you tried to figure out what the heck is going on when all you see is a sea of name tags.
        Sometimes the whole area is filled with blue, red, and green and you cant make heads or tails of what the F*** is going on cause you screen is filled with name tags covering the action.

In a perfect worl only friendly name tags would show and only enemy name tags would pop if the enemy is in a vehicle (cause its hard to determine if a friendly is in a vehicle due to some cross over usage of some vehicles and stealing of assests)

Comment

Does it realy matter, uav gives everyone away

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplekillingmachine
            Name tags just blow...
            How many times have you tried to figure out what the heck is going on when all you see is a sea of name tags.
            Sometimes the whole area is filled with blue, red, and green and you cant make heads or tails of what the F*** is going on cause you screen is filled with name tags covering the action.

In a perfect worl only friendly name tags would show and only enemy name tags would pop if the enemy is in a vehicle (cause its hard to determine if a friendly is in a vehicle due to some cross over usage of some vehicles and stealing of assests)
            Are you going to find EVERY insignificant thing to whine about???

Comment

There should be a option... or better a key which switches nametags on/off.

Comment

I know that a lot of DC servers had the name tag visible range reduced, thus making it trickier to not only to spot a hidden player but to also give more responsbility to the shooter to properly identify his victim as friend or foe. This got tricky when you picked up dead enemeys kit (in DC, you also got his helmet and vest, if I remember correctly) as you then looked like the enemy.

Is there a range option for the nametages in BF2?

Comment

Originally posted by Sung_Do_Chuck
                  There should be a option... or better a key which switches nametags on/off.
                  Great Idea..._
                  NameTags: |X|

[EDIT]: There is no NameTag edit in BF2, but they should add one.

Comment

once i was playin karkan 64/64 server , but there were so many name tags that i tought my enemys were my friends and my friends were my enemys... my graphics aint that great ... and it was on a distance.. this happend a couple of times on the server which realy sux ass...

Comment

i don't know what you guys are talking about, when i play you only see enemy name tags if you are aiming at them. otherwise they don't just show up out of the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Galdigor
                        once i was playin karkan 64/64 server , but there were so many name tags that i tought my enemys were my friends and my friends were my enemys... my graphics aint that great ... and it was on a distance.. this happend a couple of times on the server which realy sux ass...
                        Yep, this is exactly what I mean: If you play Great wall and got a huge ammount of friends and enemies in front of you in a straight line (on top of the wall), it's nearly impossible to shoot the right one.

Comment

press your left alt... you'll see all the stuff go away.. -_-

Comment

I agree, it should be a server option.

Comment

Working...
                            X