BF2 Won't Start after Crash or Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Won't Start after Crash or Exit

Hi. I'm sure this has been discussed, by I searched and couldn't find it, didn't know exactly what to search for. Anyways, anytime I exit Battlefield or it crashes (due to join game bug) it won't start up again. Basically when I exit the music kinda skips or keeps playing and then I think there is also a Windows error sound. I can tell it isn't closing smoothly. If i try to start it up again I get the Splash screen and then nothing or an error (BF@.exe has encountered a problem....)

ppName: bf2.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ~df394b.tmp
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00088c9c

To get it to start again I have to restart my computer. I have BF2, SF, and Euro Force installed with patch 1.3. Does anyone know how to fix this short of reinstalling all of those?

Re: BF2 Won't Start after Crash or Exit

I get the same problem. After I run the game once, I cannot run it again. Rebooting fixes the problem but once I run it again, I cannot run it thereafter.

I tried reinstalling everything in this order: uninstall SF, uninstall BF2, ensure no files in my documents or game directory. Reboot. Install BF2, reboot. Install SF, install latest patch. Run game, close game, run game, crashes on load.

I'm on an AMD 3700+ with 2GB of ram and a 7800GT in case anyone wants to cross reference systems. I had no other mods installed. I originally had played BF2 a lot before SF came out, then I installed SF and never got around to playing it. So the first time I experienced the problem was probably the first time I'd played since SF came out. I'm not sure whether or not it happened before I patched to 1.3 (since I didn't patch immediately).

see also http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79190

Comment

I've been having this problem for a while (before 1.3). I have no idea what could cause it. It's really annoying. If I exit the game to go do something, I have to reboot my pc before I can play BF2 again. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes..........

Comment

I found out that if you run some sort of RAM cleaner after you play you will be able to play again.

Comment

Alot of people have this problem, yet no solution has been added...are we truly alone?
          Ram cleaner? Do you have a link or a name for a specific program?

Comment

Ramcleaners are ******** ;p I tried some just in case and it made no difference. Ugh.

Whoa okay, I was able to just BF2. I'm not sure what caused it so I'll enumerate what I did, even though some of it is surely irrelevant:

Closed firefox, msn messenger, and hte msmgr processes. Attempted to run game. Got error. Took cd out of drive, ran game. Got "don't have CD in drive" error. Put cd back in, immediately ran again. The autorun thing popped up and the game started!

Comment

Yeah, okay, so I've confirmed it - all I have to do is eject the CD and put it back in and it will work again. No idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by vehementi
                In case you didn't see my other post, I am able to fix the problem by ejecting the CD and putting it back in. No clue why this works.

I wonder if it matters if you load if from the autoload menu or dbl-click the icon? I have tried this but I only dbl-clicked the icon on the desktop. regardless this still wouldnt solve my problem of activating mods.

Comment

Working...
                X