BF2 wont load after being exited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 wont load after being exited

Ok everytime I play I need to reboot my computer. It works fine but when I exit the game and try load it again, I get this error.

BF2.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Normally Its not a problem because I just reboot and play, but lately I have been downloading mods and for them to be activated BF2 must exit and load again. This obviously means that I will get the error, therfore never being able to play any mods. One of tehm is Armored Fury which I purchased from EB games, and its frustrating that I cant even use it. If I dont figure out a solution soon, I suppose I will be bringing back my copy of Armored Fury. So what can I do to fix this if fixable, should I reinstall the game?

P4 3.0
    1500 MB RAM
    GeForce 6800 GT

Re: BF2 wont load after being exited

So much for technical help...

Comment

LMAO...im here to amuse myself cause noone else will read this.

Dear Diary:

Although I have not found the tech help I was looking for I am rather reassured to know I am still alive...needless to say I have returned my EA expansion product, and when asked by the clerk why I returned it, I responded "I found more use from a roll of wet toilet paper". On another note I am afraid I have fallen into my old ways of searching for pirated software. I am aware of the penalties and the ethical breach of morals, I suppose I will burn in hell. Who knows I may find tech help down there...after all the internet is dominitely ran by lust and greed. Only time will tell if I every pay for another software product again, then again the money I save on software could go towards a better video card.

Comment

I read your post crash-after-first-play buddy http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...42#post1006942

Comment

Thanks for reading Vehementi tis nice to know im not alone in this f'ed up forum.:hmm:

Comment

In case you didn't see my other post, I am able to fix the problem by ejecting the CD and putting it back in. No clue why this works.

Comment

Originally posted by vehementi
              In case you didn't see my other post, I am able to fix the problem by ejecting the CD and putting it back in. No clue why this works.

I wonder if it matters if you load if from the autoload menu or dbl-click the icon? I have tried this but I only dbl-clicked the icon on the desktop. regardless this still wouldnt solve my problem of activating mods.

I am starting to wonder why we seem to be a minority with this problem, so i've decided to post my main specs...who knows we may find common ground.

P4 3.0 (not overclocked)
              Abit AG8 3rd Eye MB (200 FSB 800 Bus Speed)
              1500 MB DDR RAM (512 sided with 256) X2
              Asus made GeForce 6800GT (running PCI express but not overclocked )

Anyone see any similiarites with thier systems?

Comment

Working...
              X