In Game Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Game Freezing

This seems to be a frequently occuring problem but no one seems to be able to fix it so far. The problem is everytime I play BF2 the game will freeze. I can play usually play for a while before it goes, but when it does nothing will respond. I can't Alt+Tab out, can't Crtl+Alt+Delete, nothing.

I have tried cleaning, defregmenting and error checking C:\ and it doesn't help. I tried removing the Battlefield 2 folder from My docs and recreating it. Doesn't help. Next up is uninstalling and reinstalling but I dread having to run through all the patches and if it doesn't work I may have to hurt someone.

Does anyone know a fix for this problem (please don't just post guesses. I'm a PC Tech so if it is just a "you might want to try this" suggestion, I probably already tried it.)

If I uninstall BF2, do I loose AF? Why would the game stop working all of a sudden. I didn't download anything new or add any hardware. The last thing I installed was AF and it worked fine until easler this week.

Is there a place I can go to officially report this problem to EA/Dice because it seems to be very wide spread and is extremely annoying to have to force the computer to reboot in the middle of every game.

Re: In Game Freezing

Sorry for another "try this" but in the computer world there's no such thing as a guaranteed fix.

Since it's apparent that you've already bought and installed AF, try re-installing AF.

I had frequent in-game freezes and CTD's after installing AF and re-installing AF has helped a lot (so far).

Go into the EA downloader directory (normally c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader) and find the EA downloader cache area. There's a file (setup.exe) that should be dated 6-6-06 or whenever you downloaded AF. Re-run that and see if your problems go away.

Yeah, you could report it to EA / Dice. Go to EA website and their forums. There's places in there to bitch and complain.

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will try that later tonight and follow up.

Comment

I'am having the same issue. Happens at random , I think it has something to do with A.F. . Never happend before I installed A.F. & only happens on A.F. maps. Guess we will just have to wait for yet another patch !!!!

Comment

For what it's worth, I don't have AF and am getting this problem. I've called EA, and they keep asking whether I have anything other than BF2 and patch 1.3 installed, and I say no. I'm guessing that they are stumped.

Comment

Yes, this happened to me long before I got AF. I don't think it has anything to do with that, but I'm not ruling anything out until I try it. Hopefully tonight I can make some time.

Comment

Ok. Unistall and reinstalled BF2. Repatched. Reinstalled AF. It is still locking up. It is even locking up during single player so it has nothing to do with network connection. Any more ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X