how should I do this area on my map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how should I do this area on my map

any help i aprechiated, should i have the sidewalk around the houses or what, it looks kinda weird now

Re: how should I do this area on my map

yea it would look prettier with sidewalks...

Comment

Second That

Comment

it will look better once you generate the lightmaps on final, I think it looks odd because there are no shadows.

maybe add some undergrowth rocks scattered about. I like it as dirt myself, doesn't really seem the place for a sidewalk.

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
          it will look better once you generate the lightmaps on final, I think it looks odd because there are no shadows.

maybe add some undergrowth rocks scattered about. I like it as dirt myself, doesn't really seem the place for a sidewalk.
          oh yea theres alot more work that needs to be done on this part of the map, Im planing to add undergrowth and probably some more houses, I'm gonna generate lightmaps when I finish it completly

Comment

meh, i think sidewalks would take away from the Tropical island feel it has now (unless thats not what you are going for). The only thing that looks odd to me is how light the color of the water is in comparison to the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Nick
              meh, i think sidewalks would take away from the Tropical island feel it has now (unless thats not what you are going for). The only thing that looks odd to me is how light the color of the water is in comparison to the sky.
              for some reason water is only transparent on this one place but not on other places where its not deep, yea Im going for the tropical thingy l9ol, the map is called palm_islands

Im gonna have to generate envmap thingy or w/e again

oh yea it does look like I need to change the sky

feel free to give more suggestions

Comment

suggestion:

great map so far but maybe you should add more objects too so ppl could take cover more easly. Huge rocks, boxes or somthing similar would do fine.

Comment

Working...
                X