Freezes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezes??

Hi it all started last night i was playing armoured fury on a EA UK server then al the sudden once i went the the squad screen my bf2 frooze but i was able to press Esc and disconnect so i reconnected and an hour later the same thing happened but this time it was completely dead i couldn't do anything apart from restart my computer and then it happened another time after that in the end i gave up and then just this morning i connected to a server with armoured fury and it frooze just getting inot the helicopter

Does this happen because i have not got EA downloader open,Do i need to reinstall My bf2 and Armoured fury What????

Plz help

P.S.My bf2 was fine until late last night

Re: Freezes??

I don't know what's causing your freezes, but I can assure you that you do not need to have the EA downloader open. In fact, I uninstalled the thing as soon as I finished downloading AF.

Comment

But it seems wierd that all the sudden it was running fine then Bam it freezes

Comment

have you ruled out overheating issues? latest DirectX,video, and sound drivers? it only started doin this after you installed bf2:AF? tell a lil more info, like recent system / software changes and system specs.

Comment

My system specs are

Intel P4 2.80GHz
          1024mb RAM
          Radeon x1300 512mb
          160Gb Seagate HDD

And i have been palying armoured fury since thursday and the changes i made were the Windows style so that the task bar and all that are silver instead of blue and i have installed a new HDD drive on wednesday and i did unistall bf2 then reinstalled it then installed armoured fury and euro force and then put the v1.3 patch and i got a PC gamer cd and on that were the latest driviers for ATI so i installed them and it said there were gonna be tests next time i turned on my computer but there wasn't? but any way that is what you needed to know

Comment

You installed the v.1.3 patch after AF? Interesting.

Anyway, with all the uninstalls and reinstalls, both your core game files and your shaders are probably terribly fragmented. I in no way am suggesting this will solve your problem, but maybe you could try defragging the partitions that these are on (drive where ".\my documents\bf2" is at and drive where the game is actually installed). Again, it probably won't help, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Comment

I have just noticed that on the map Operation Harvest my comp as frooze twice while getting nito the little attack chopper on the MEC side

Comment

Working...
              X