Please Help, Simple Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help, Simple Question

I have been trying to get my Mic to work with Bf2 and it just wont, I have reformatted and reinstalled everything, My mic works fine with every program and game. It is set up correctly in windows and sound card options, latest drivers for whole system, ect ect ect. Well my simple question is this: Can a mic with built in Noise cancelling cause it not to work on Bf2?

Re: Please Help, Simple Question

Not sure about that, but I just recently got my own mic to work and it was due to setting my sound profile to headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by bradford99336
      Can a mic with built in Noise cancelling cause it not to work on Bf2?
      I am gonna say yes, mainly because I see no reason why it wouldn't. My mic did not work for a long time, then I reinstalled and ran that "VOIP setup" or what ever, and it worked. I realized that the problem was that the first time I installed the VOIP setup crashed and It did not complete.

In game does it show that you are able to talk? or does it show that you don't have the ability?

Comment

setting the sound card to headphones? thats something i havent tried yet, will give it a shot. And here's the link to the headphone / mic im using.

Logitech® Premium Stereo Headset

Comment

I've just bought and installed a Logitech Mic with a built in noise cancelling feature, and it works fine with BF2. What model/brand of mic do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Tren
            I am gonna say yes, mainly because I see no reason why it wouldn't. My mic did not work for a long time, then I reinstalled and ran that "VOIP setup" or what ever, and it worked. I realized that the problem was that the first time I installed the VOIP setup crashed and It did not complete.

In game does it show that you are able to talk? or does it show that you don't have the ability?
            Yes it says i can talk, VoiP is enabled, and ive ran the voip voice setup in the bf2 directory, And i could hear my echo just fine. But when i go into audio options in the bf2 settings window, and click test Mic i cant hear anything. When i press the talk key while playing bf2, my mic icon pop's up green, but others cannot hear me.

Comment

Wow that was quick. Before I posted there were 3 replies! hehe

I have this one http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=6776 and it works fine.

I never ran VOIP setup at the start, only plugged mic in (didn't need drivers as XPP picked it up no probs), then when into the AUDIO options in BF2 and ticked VOIP. That was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                What model/brand of mic do you have?
                I posted a link to the mic in the post above

<br>

Another thing that i find weird is, when i press the test mic button then talk i cant hear any echo, and the lil sound bar dosent move. But if im talking into the Mic when i press the button, then i can hear the echo just fine, But the green bar dosent move up or down, it just stays at the level that it was when i pressed the test mic key. So my mic is picking up sound when i press the test mic key while talking first, And i have tried this in Bf2, By talking into the mic then hitting the talk key, But others still cannot hear me

Comment

Working...
                X