Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does this make you mad?

Originally posted by iburnasses
    I am 99%sure u LOSE your points...I personally lost badges and awards cause i either crash or server crashes.So i know for a fact you lose that.And if you lose those items then you can bet you lose points as well
    I'm pretty sure you're right too. If you disconnect from your end (voluntary or crash) the points etc are kept and you can still even get a placing medal, but if you are kicked it's goodbye points and awards I'm afraid.

Comment

If this had happened to me, I would have rejoined the server as quickly as possible. This way I would have a better chance of keeping the points intact (if you get disconnected or kicked and rejoin quickly, the server treats you as if you never left).

Comment

If you disconnect or get a crash to the desktop or umodified/error reading from server message, and you can't rejoin, your points/awards are saved.

If you get kicked by an admin, by the server (like for negative score or ping) or by the tk autoban, you LOSE your points. And then of course, if the server crashes, that's obvious.

Comment

i hate it when i get kicked for admin room when I have a 0 score. They think I suck, when in reality I just got in

PS: You're points are saved if you crash. Your points are lost if the server crashes.

Comment

you definatly get all ponts and medals unless it crashes. the data is transmited at the end of the round. So if it crashes you dont get it. If you get kicked or baned you still get your points. Still however you got robbed out of a gold medal unfortuantly

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
              i hate it when i get kicked for admin room when I have a 0 score. They think I suck, when in reality I just got in

PS: You're points are saved if you crash. Your points are lost if the server crashes.
              I do too. More of the time, it's not that they think you suck, it's that they want to kick the player who has put the least amount of effort and play time in the game and who will suffer the least if they are kicked out. You probably know this, but i'm just clarifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlab37
                you definatly get all ponts and medals unless it crashes. the data is transmited at the end of the round. So if it crashes you dont get it. If you get kicked or baned you still get your points. Still however you got robbed out of a gold medal unfortuantly
                Good post. I always wondered how and why points, etc get tracked when you leave a server prematurely. I got my combat action medal today, but left the server early. I was afraid that it wouldn't give me the medal because I left, but a half hour later it showed up.

Comment

You don't lose points for you guys who care about this anyway. The Server detects your stats and keeps them per kill.

Don't believe me ?
                  Disconnect and rejoin a server before the round ends. Your points will still be there.

Comment

You think thats bad? Listen to this: so i was playin like normal on some clan's Karkand server, doin my whole spec ops thing, when i sneak up on one of the clan members and knife him. Then, about 30 seconds later, I also get kicked by punkbuster to make room for admin, but it was a 64 player map, and only 25 people were in there when i got kicked. So my question is, since when has a single admin needed 40 player slots??:hmm::|:

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox
                      You don't lose points for you guys who care about this anyway. The Server detects your stats and keeps them per kill.

Don't believe me ?
                      Disconnect and rejoin a server before the round ends. Your points will still be there.
                      Yeah, thats right. But when you're kicked it's different. Hard to find info on this, but when I got kicked for tk's (red bug) my name wasn't on the score sheets (even though I was top player in best squad etc).

Yet, if I CTD and am not there at the end of the round I will be on the score sheet summaries at the end of the round.

Maybe if you are kicked but manage to join back in the points would be there, don't know personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazza66
                        Yeah, thats right. But when you're kicked it's different. Hard to find info on this, but when I got kicked for tk's (red bug) my name wasn't on the score sheets (even though I was top player in best squad etc).

Yet, if I CTD and am not there at the end of the round I will be on the score sheet summaries at the end of the round.

Maybe if you are kicked but manage to join back in the points would be there, don't know personally.
                        I'll try it out later. Either way, whatever amounts of points you got will be carried by the server.

Comment

What crap. Kick lowest score is pretty much the standard. You got kicked for another reason and they gave that excuse, I'd put money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by iburnasses
                            I am 99%sure u LOSE your points...I personally lost badges and awards cause i either crash or server crashes.So i know for a fact you lose that.And if you lose those items then you can bet you lose points as well
                            2 things you might learn of me:
                            1. Use your spacebar ( ) after a dot (.)
                            2. Stats are recorded on the server and send to EA's accountservers at the end of the round... but not when server crashes

Originally posted by WDA_Endless954
                            What crap. Kick lowest score is pretty much the standard. You got kicked for another reason and they gave that excuse, I'd put money on it.
                            Vegas ratio: 999/1!

Comment

If you weren't in a squad.. I can understand the kicking..

i've never been kicked to make room for an admin if i'm part of a squad..

Comment

Working...
                              X