Low Ping... High Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Ping... High Lag

I am having massive lag all of a sudden. I've played BF2 since it came out... not had any lag issues whatsoever, played it on medium/high not a bit of slowdown,I take a 2 month or so break and I come back and the game is unplayable. I can't seem to do anything without my action being repeated 20 times (you know the sort of lag)... Can't get into any sort of firefight. At first I thought it was my ping but I checked and it stays around the 20s/30s.

The only thing that's changed in the two months I didn't play it was I had my connection upgraded to 10mb. I'm thinking there's something dodgey about it. Anyway I'm not technically proficient with connections etc but I tried all the usuals, cleared all the background processes, defrag... lowered the graphics settings etc etc but no luck. I was hoping one of you guys could give me a hand here, it's unbearable since the great mods will be rolling out soon and I want to get some practice in.

Anywhere heres the specs in case they're any use...

128mb Geforce 6800gt
    1gb ram
    Amd athlon 3200+

It's a very odd problem, I've never had it before in the year I've owned the game.

Thanks.

Re: Low Ping... High Lag

I'm getting exactly the same problems, it's not the internet lag I think it's something to do with this new patch messing around with some systems, including mine and yours. It's even more anoing because I could play the demo with all medium/high on 1024x768, and now even with everything on low/off with 800x600, it's unplayable and it doesn't feel like internet lag. It's like the gun constantly being brought down into the spring position when not even holding down the sprint button.

So yeah, somebody help us guys out! I've already posted about 3 threads about it, none of them helped

Comment

I've gotten more lag lately as well. Any answers would be appreciated.

Comment

I am having probs also. i can play single player with no problem. But multiplayer is like trying to run in waist deep mud. Waht happened? I was playing fine about 1 month ago. Now it is no longer playable. I wonder if buying one of the expansion packs will fix it? Anyone?

Comment

Same.

Installed bf2 3 times now..

reformated windows

and will I tell my friend BF2 is bugged, they still assume its just "me".

Comment

I just got the game and all the server pings are around 200, WE NEED HELP!!!!

Comment

Yep I get this problem too, even on servers with 15 ping and hardly any players I still get lag and its not my hardware. It wasn't nearly as bad before 1.3

Comment

This may sound stupid, but I'm so glad lots of people are getting this problem. I can be happy that it's not my hardware, I get pings of 10-20 and it is like trying to run half-life 2 on an Amiga :laugh:

It feels a bit like internet lag when playing with it, but when you look at your ping, you realise it's not. I'm currently downloading patch 1.2 (not 1.22) to see if it is these recent patches. That depends if there are even any servers still using 1.2!

I'll report back soon guys

Alright I just tryed 1.2 and there was a slight improvement, but it was still unplayable. I think it is my PC, I just need a new motherboard and processer. But that means I need £185, that's £185 more than I've got!! :cry:

Comment

when I get to the server screen, it searches for servers real slow. Almost like it is skipping every second or so. Like I said before, single player runs fine with no issue.

Comment

First I would suggest to get a program like ping plotter and make shure it's
                    not your connection. You cannot trust internet providers. The lag where
                    you have to do the save movement over and over is usually caused by
                    the connection. I'm not saying that it isn't the fault of BF2. But a good
                    approach to solving a problem is eliminating possible causes.

When you turn off background programs it MUST also include MSN
                    Messenger which sometimes takes 80-90% of the CPU resources.

Comment

Because I use MSN explorer for my web browser, I cannot turn off messenger. Iv'e always played this game before with it on anyways, and never got any lag at all. I think it might have something to do with the patches and how it affects each system differently..

I tried pingplotter and am averaging about 105. That should be good enough to play lag free, no?

Comment

I think that this patch has basically just ****ed up certain systems, not sure why, dunno why it's only some machines and not others though. I've heard of Nvidea and ATI cards getting it, so it's not the card type

I've even just tryed to create a new account, but no help. This is anoing me SO much, I just want to be able to play BF2!! Where is this damned hotfix?!

Comment

I'm going to add aanother level of mystery here:

I usually play only SF and really have not noticed any problems, maybe a little lag in Warlord now after 1.3 and the occasional server crash.

Here is the mystery:

I just tried to play vanilla BF2...I lock up, lag, stutter, etc like a MOTHER(shut-yo-mouth)!!! Only reg BF2 is giving me this level of crappy play...what is up with THIS?!?!?!?

Comment

It's really strange, I just installed the demo and it ran fine (apart from the fact my motherboard and processor suck, that obviously gave me some performance issues, but they'll be upgraded soon)

It's something to do with these recent patches. I think 1.3 has ****ed with our games!!

Comment

I think I might have fixed my problem. Try this: download the full 428mb 1.3 patch. Now uninstall BF2 and SF. Reinstall them and then patch them with the full version. Let me know if this works for you. i played a little bit last night and it seemed a lot better.

I tried it again this morning and I believe people who are having trouble with the patch needs to try this. It worked for me. After a long layoff because of the lag and not being able to fix it, I am back in action!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X