Pick a pair...of unlocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a pair...of unlocks.

I'm coming up on Staff Sergeant, and I already have my favorites, so these unlocks will be just for the fun of it.

I used to play sniper a lot, and I still enjoy a round or two of sniping on occasion, but my scores (and general fun factor) have gone up since I've started focusing on the other classes...closer to the action, faster pace. For Assault, the G3 owns the house, no question...careful aim and single shots will drop people like mad. For Medic, I really like the L85...good for spotting and very useful on single shot, and you still have the option to turn on Hose Mode for those close encounters in the alleys of Karkand or Sharqi. For support, I seem to do well enough with the PKM, which is just death from above if you manage to tuck yourself away in a spot that overlooks a chokepoint. Special Forces...that little G36C is just way more accurate than it has any right to be. Sniper...L96 all the way.

Those guns all rule in their own ways. Now, I tried out all the other guns in SF and EF (or from battlefield pickups), and I'm familiar with all of them.

The G36E is pretty good, but I prefer the L85 for the optical sight, so I'd probably use that one more often.

For my last unlock pair, I have the option to get both Engineer unlocks, both AT unlocks, or the last assault and support unlocks. I play assault and support more than I do Engineer or AT, but I'm very happy with both the tier 1 assault & support unlocks already.

The F2000 is OK, but doesn't hold a candle to the G3, at least in my opinion. I seem to drop 'em faster with the G3, and I really don't care for the optical sight on the F2000. Then again, the kit comes with flashbangs...

SCAR-L is not very impressive at all, especially when compared to the G36C. That will probably be my last unlock.

The MG36 is fun, but doesn't really do the job better than the PKM, at least not in my limited experience. It also seems to have a sight bug, where the point of bullet impact is actually lower than the tip of the front sight post. Still, it's pretty handy to have essentially a G36C with a 100-round drum and an unlimited supply of ammo and Hate Eggs.

I play Engi and AT about in equal amounts, and I don't usually care much for the shotguns, so each of those unlock pairs would mean an unlock wasted on a rarely-used shotgun just to get the buzzguns. For what it's worth, I seem to have a little more fun with the MP7 than the P90.

Overall, it's not a major decision, since I'll be using my favorites most of the time anyway, and I already have those unlocked.

All things considered, which of these unlock pairs makes the most sense?

Re: Pick a pair...of unlocks.

If i had to make this choice i would pick DAO-12 & P90 combination since i usually find myself stuck at the Anti-Tank class sometime in almost every round, and the mp5 just doesnt do it well enough for me.

Comment

I said the DAO/P90 but in reality I had a similar decision to make and went with the DAO and the Jackhammer, both have served me well. The DAO is a must-have unlock.

Comment

Jackhammer and MP-7, because the MP-7 is the best thing an Engineer can dream of on a big map where he is forced to bail out of his vehicle and fight snipers.

Comment

I'd choose the MG36 and F2000. But the MP-7 is an awesome unlock too. I use it a lot.

Comment

once again, comes down to what class u play. If you don't have the dao yet I'm guessing not a lot of AT, which on city map servers becomes a needed class from time to time.

If you play city maps, then dao/p90, both bring a lot to the AT class than than the stock weapons. I myself am an assault player, and love the F2000, part of another nice pair..

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
              once again, comes down to what class u play. If you don't have the dao yet I'm guessing not a lot of AT, which on city map servers becomes a needed class from time to time.

If you play city maps, then dao/p90, both bring a lot to the AT class than than the stock weapons. I myself am an assault player, and love the F2000, part of another nice pair..
              M11-87 is the best city map gun!

Comment

I would get the DAO-12 and F2000, but that isn't a choice. You don't have to pick both from the same class, as you likely already know.

Comment

Actually, I have a choice between the F2000, Jackhammer, MP7 (if I unlock the Jackhammer first), G36E, SCAR-L, DAO-12 and P90 (if I unlock the DAO first.)

If you don't have the dao yet I'm guessing not a lot of AT, which on city map servers becomes a needed class from time to time.
                  I do play AT quite often, especially when it's needed (getting owned by tanks or trying to bottle up enemy armor.) However, I am actually fine with the stock AT buzzguns, even the Chinese one. I've gotten pretty decent at getting kills with them, so the DAO and the P90 are not super-urgent priority upgrades to me.

However, I play as Engineer a lot on armor-heavy maps, and whenever someone needs to spawn and fix assets, and the stock Engineer shotguns are not nearly as useful to me as the AT kit subguns. I like having some medium-range capabilities beyond the pistol...although it's surprisingly effective even at range.

Comment

Working...
                  X