Question about BF2 unlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about BF2 unlocks

I was looking at a website that showed that there were 6 times that you can unlock a weapon. I am assuming that is 1 weapon unlock for each class.

But at the same time, I have picked up packs from people who have been killed....and seen other weapons.

FOR EXAMPLE...."Anti-Tank" - 1st weapon is a machine gun. 2nd weapon is a shotgun. But I see there is another fully auto weapon (a 3rd anti-tank weapon). How does this get unlocked?

Re: Question about BF2 unlocks

get SF and patch 1.2 and unlock it.

Comment

theres 2 tiers for each class. 1st tier, anyone can get. 2nd, is for people with SF. so you have basic (mp7, etc),1st unlock (dao-12), 2nd unlock( p90). i beieve youre referring to the p90.

Comment

You don't need 1.2 to unlock the 3rd AT weapon. Get the full 1.3. Its included in that. And yes you need SF to get the P90 for the AT.

Comment

Ahh so if you have SF....even on the plain BF2 Vanilla maps you still can use the SF unlocks?

Also, does AF have unlocks as well?

Comment

Originally posted by RagingChipmunk
            Ahh so if you have SF....even on the plain BF2 Vanilla maps you still can use the SF unlocks?

Also, does AF have unlocks as well?
            yes, SF unlocks can be used on any map. simply click the switch weapon button on the dead screen twice.
            No, there are no unlocks for AF. SF is currently the only expansion that introduced new unlocks.

Comment

But still you get only 6 unlocks (from your 1st 6 ranks...) so if you wanted the 3rd unlock for any type of kit, you are out of luck if you've already unlocked the plain BF2 unlocks (all 6)?

Comment

there is no third unlock. only 2. Ok, heres how it works:
                Standard weapon (NOT UNLOCK): MP7 for U.S.,
                1st unlock: Dao-12 (shotgun, semi auto matic)
                2nd-unlock:P90 (the automatic pistol thingy)

there are TWO unlocks for each class, plus their basic gun. So heres teh sniper tree:
                Standard weapon: M24 (US), SVD (MEC), that chinese one (type 98?)
                Unlock1:M95
                unlock2: l96a1
                NO THIRD UNLOCK. there isnt a third one for any class, only two unlocks.

Comment

ahh ok...I know I am sounding stupid but there are a few things I havent figured out in my month of playing and this is one of them.

I looked at a website that showed ALL of the ranks. the 1st six promotions give you an unlock. Lets say you unlock each weapon for each class. That gives you TWO weapons per class (main weapon and 1st unlock).

My question is, how do you get the SECOND unlock since you get only 6 unlocks as you rank up. Is the SECOND unlock automatic when you get the SF pack?

(sorry for sounding dumb *hides*) :cry:

Comment

when you get SF, it gives you 2 unlocks per rank up instead of one. so you could, say, unlock m95 AND l96a1, or m95 and dao 12, or if you already have da0-12, m95 and p90. so, you log in to bf2, hear the little drum roll, and if you look where it says unlocks remaining, it will say 2 instead of one. I'm sorry if i responded to you as if you were an idiot, thats not what i thought. i was just trying to make things clear to your confused mind.

Comment

Ok so final question is.....if you already have unlocked all 6 weaponsand THEN you get SF....are you screwed? Or will they be unlocked already

Comment

I;m not sure, i think the way it works is you get 2 unlocks automatically (free) without needing to rank up. so, get your 1 point in a SF game, when you log off of there and onto BF2HQ in-game, you should get two unlocks, regardless of rank. as for the rest, i dunno.

Comment

BAHHHH ill just go and buy the SF pack tonight and figure it out. Thanks so much for all your help. Ive been playing BF2 for about a month now and just trying to clear up some of my confusion

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghilleman
                              there is no third unlock. only 2. Ok, heres how it works:
                              Standard weapon (NOT UNLOCK): MP7 for U.S.,
                              1st unlock: Dao-12 (shotgun, semi auto matic)
                              2nd-unlock:P90 (the automatic pistol thingy)
                              The standard weapon for US AT is MP5, not MP7. MP7 is the 2nd engineer unlock.

You get 2 unlocks per rank once you've run SF. If you run SF when you already have all seven of the 1st tier unlocks then you will immediately get seven more unlock slots to use.

In addition to SF, you need at least patch 1.2 to be able to unlock the 2nd AT and sniper unlocks (P90 and L96).

Comment

Working...
                              X