refresh rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refresh rate

For some reason it only lets me use 60hz refresh rate and i want 75, anyone know how to fix this?

Re: refresh rate

Most likely your monitor doesn't support 70Hz at that resolution.

Comment

Well, in the in-game video options you can choose a screen size that has a 75hz refresh rate. Many do, some don't.

Conversely, you can go into your video card's advanced settings and have the video card force a refresh rate for Directx applications (like BF2). Some people don't recommend this since it may cause problems like locking up or crashes.

I have my video card running a 120hz desktop app refresh rate and forces it to the same refresh rate for Directx apps. So even though BF2 doesn't support 120hz refresh rates I still play in that rate. I get some crashes occasionally but I don't think it's related to my refresh rate.

Comment

Definately make sure your monitor supports the refresh rate your trying to set. just look up the website of the brand monitor you have and check the support docs, they usually list the supported rates.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Whats the big deal about refresh rate, anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerguy X

With CRTs the higher the refresh rate, the eaiser it is on the eyes. As far as LCDs go it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerguy X

Your refresh rate is how many frames per second your monitor can display. If BF2 tells you that you are getting for example 100fps and your monitor is set to 75Hz, you will only see 75fps.

Comment

Working...
              X