EA Downloader problem - unable to log in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA Downloader problem - unable to log in

yes, i'm sure you've seen a post like this before, but nobody has been able to fix this. I have already asked EA customer support and they couldn't help me much either. I'm on a Linksys router and I can't log into the EA Downloader at all; it says "Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes" when i try to log in. I've been trying for 2 days now and it still doesn't work. Here are a few things I've tried to remedy this.

Forwarded TCP ports 80, 443, 18120
    DMZ hosting
    Upgraded firmware
    Called ISP to see if ports were closed
    Uninstalled, Reinstalled EA Downloader
    Restarted many times

I just installed the program yesterday after I purchased Armored Fury and have never been able to log in once. I know it's not because of server load because someone else in IRC was able to connect while I was not able to. I tried on another computer on my network after opening ports but it was still unsuccessful. But I do know that it's not a setting on my computer. I have no idea what else I can do, please help! I need my bf2 fix.

Re: EA Downloader problem - unable to log in

I have the EXACT same problem
    but one computer DID get the DL
    so , it is NOT my router
    and the 2 computers are clones
    the solution might be
    (yes I bought it 2x)
    how do I install AF on the 2nd computer
    ( I transferred the full DL via LAN already)

Comment

Originally posted by maikle
      yes, i'm sure you've seen a post like this before, but nobody has been able to fix this. I have already asked EA customer support and they couldn't help me much either. I'm on a Linksys router and I can't log into the EA Downloader at all; it says "Could not connect to the server, please try again in a few minutes" when i try to log in. I've been trying for 2 days now and it still doesn't work. Here are a few things I've tried to remedy this.

Forwarded TCP ports 80, 443, 18120
      DMZ hosting
      Upgraded firmware
      Called ISP to see if ports were closed
      Uninstalled, Reinstalled EA Downloader
      Restarted many times

I just installed the program yesterday after I purchased Armored Fury and have never been able to log in once. I know it's not because of server load because someone else in IRC was able to connect while I was not able to. I tried on another computer on my network after opening ports but it was still unsuccessful. But I do know that it's not a setting on my computer. I have no idea what else I can do, please help! I need my bf2 fix.
      I have a linksys and have had no problems with the EAD. Why would you forward ports 80, 443, 18120 to your computer unless you where hosting something on it for the public to get to. I think your understanding of port forwarding and the reason to use it is backwards.

When I startup the EAD it makes 3 internet requests.

#1 to my dns server.
      #2 to www.pogo.com port 80, IP is 159.153.235.12.
      #3 is the data to and from #2.

See if you can ping www.pogo.com first.

Since you are behind a linksys router, turn off any software firewalls (like ZoneAlarm, Norton, Windows Firewall) to make sure that this is not blocking the EAD.

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
      I have the EXACT same problem
      but one computer DID get the DL
      so , it is NOT my router
      and the 2 computers are clones
      the solution might be
      (yes I bought it 2x)
      how do I install AF on the 2nd computer
      ( I transferred the full DL via LAN already)
      If you have already made the AF purchase for both computers and have your player info correct with the EA account used to buy AF, then just take the install files from the computer that did get the AF download and install it to the second machine. The EAD cache folder is defaulted to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache" where you will find a folder with your EA account name. Inside of that directory, you will find the AF folder "eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2af". Just copy (or burn to cd) this folder to the other machine (anywhere) and run the setup file.

Oops, reread your post. Since you have it copied over already, just execute the setup.exe file. The install does not care about what machine it is installing to, it just has to have bf2 with patch 1.3 installed. It does check once you try to load into an AF map and this is when the playername in the EA account must match your ingame playername (also, it is case sensitive).

Comment

I had the same problem and was just typing up a long question here, and I realized I have Peer Guardian running... DUMB DUMB DUMB. I wouldn't have caught this without getting failed pings to www.pogo.com as suggested by Cigar_Man... thanks A LOT Cigar_Man, you saved me a lot of time wasted calling Comcast, Linksys, and EA customer support, when the fault was all mine in the first place!

Comment

i get the stupid clock error when i hit install now and i just downloaded it today. i will try the setu0p file though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar_Man

Oops, reread your post. Since you have it copied over already, just execute the setup.exe file. The install does not care about what machine it is installing to, it just has to have bf2 with patch 1.3 installed. It does check once you try to load into an AF map and this is when the playername in the EA account must match your ingame playername (also, it is case sensitive).
            cool - this was my guess -same as you said
            was afraid to try it
            (imagine the wrath of my son if I break vanilla :P)
            I also noted that there is a copy of the expanded folders in the MyDocs/bf2/...
            should I copy that over as well?
            and
            ref: just running the setup - was afraid that the EA DL may have pre-posted some info in the registry
            and
            ref: - the other comments you made about matching folders etc
            EZ - TY

Comment

i forwarded 80, 443, 18120 because that's what it said in the trouble shooting guide. right click the EAD icon in the tray and click help, it says it there. i dont know what else to try, i've already tried it on another computer on this network. i dont have peer guardian running or any other software firewall/program that blocks ips/ports. i know i'm not having trouble connecting because of a login error because i get the same message saying i couldn't connect no matter what i type in. i can ping www.pogo.com fine.

one thing i just realized right now is that i can't /dns my ip in IRC. i never could before. what does that mean? i just tried to ipconfig /flushdns and connect and that also didn't work. any ideas anyone?

Comment

Working...
              X