Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helicopter Controls Question for ace chopper studs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter Controls Question for ace chopper studs...

I've gone back and forth with my controls between Mouse/Keyboard and Joystick and I've settled on the mouse/keyboard as I think it gives me more cursor control while aiming the nose of the thing... anyway, just my preference...

For those of you who also use KB/Mouse to fly, what is your mouse pitch sensetivity set to?

I ask because often when I lineup a rocket strafe run on a vehicle or AA site or whatever, I get a little too anxious and stay nose down too long and end up crashing into the ground just past my target, I try to move my mouse backward to pitch nose-up but it seems sluggish and I always end up crashing. I know I need more practice but this is more of a basic setup preference question...

Thanks.

Re: Helicopter Controls Question for ace chopper studs...

http://rapidshare.de/files/22287217/...ide_1.wmv.html

I made this for a friend so he wouldnt have to experiment in order to get the right techniques working. Its not a good video, its just some basic maneuvering stuff with guides how to make certain things work. What you need to check is the ATS part.

One very, very helpful tip I got from TBF2 Hints and Tips section was to assign "pull up" key as a key, as opposed to an axis on the mouse, if you use a mouse.

Although the video was made using mouse (which I dont fly with), you should ignore the n00bish mistakes and check if they help you.

Comment

just put all your chopper control settings to 10.

Comment

I keep my mouse sensitivity and pitch at default of 3.0. It works good, I can do atleast 10 barrel rolls from 100 feet without hitting the ground, and can maneuver with sharp precision. If you put it too high your controls will be over sensitive and you'll have a hard time hitting targets, so set the sensitivity to what you currently use for infantry is what I recommend.

Comment

Gradually increase everything to max, if you can handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
            I've gone back and forth with my controls between Mouse/Keyboard and Joystick and I've settled on the mouse/keyboard as I think it gives me more cursor control while aiming the nose of the thing... anyway, just my preference...

For those of you who also use KB/Mouse to fly, what is your mouse pitch sensetivity set to?

I ask because often when I lineup a rocket strafe run on a vehicle or AA site or whatever, I get a little too anxious and stay nose down too long and end up crashing into the ground just past my target, I try to move my mouse backward to pitch nose-up but it seems sluggish and I always end up crashing. I know I need more practice but this is more of a basic setup preference question...

Thanks.
            Sensitivities: 7, 10 and 10

Comment

Some may feel it's awkward, but I pilot my chopper with only the keyboard...

Comment

Indeed, I use only KB as well. I don't like to use the mouse, but it should be more useful bc it would make it easier to spot enemies.

Some people say joysticks are not good for the chopper.

Comment

Well i use a Logitech extreme 3d..good joystick nice and heavy ..these are the settings i use for this and works great...
                  Added screen shots hope this helps some...
                  Happy crashing,..lol seeing as since patch1.3 crashings the top word..lol

It works well trust me,and those who have been up there in the clouds dogging it with me know so too!!:laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X