Video Corruption (Please Help) EA does not know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Corruption (Please Help) EA does not know

I have had BF2 since it came out. Recently I have been experiencing this error: the screen appears normal but then results to this checker board pattern attached. This is a reocurring problem. I have updated all of my ATI drivers, BIOS, and all other drivers.

My System:
    ATI X800XT Platnium Edition
    AMD 3500+ CPU
    ASUS A8V Deluxe Motherboard
    1 Gig Cosair XMS RAM
    2 Western Digital Raptor 76GB Hard Drives running RAID 0

I have searched all over the web for help but I have not found any yet. Attached is my directX dialog and the screenshot of the problem.

Re: Video Corruption (Please Help) EA does not know

What are your GPU temps while this is happening?

Comment

GPU is running alittle hott at 82 and spikes to 90*F.

Comment

Yep, no point asking EA, that is your graphics card overheating/broke.
        EDIT: are you sure that isn't in celsius?

Comment

Originally posted by th3w00d
          GPU is running alittle hott at 82 and spikes to 90*F.

You mean C right? If so that is toasty and might be your problem. If you do mean F then you are getting incorrect readings.

Comment

I am not at my gaming machine right now but I believe that it might be C*. I will attach my temp probe I have on this computer to moniter the GPU's under side which is not attached to the fan.

This might sound like a typical gamer, but if I have a bad overheating/breaking Vid Card then its time to upgrade .

Ok I am getting ranges of 56-60*C sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by th3w00d
              I am not at my gaming machine right now but I believe that it might be C*. I will attach my temp probe I have on this computer to moniter the GPU's under side which is not attached to the fan.

This might sound like a typical gamer, but if I have a bad overheating/breaking Vid Card then its time to upgrade .

Ok I am getting ranges of 56-60*C sorry for the confusion.

Ok, temps are fine then. Does this happen with any other games/applications? Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Comment

I have reinstalled BF2. I played the game on single player without Updates after reinstalling and the problem returned.

The error has not been noticed while playing Half Life 2/Counter Strike Source or Counter-Strike at max video capacity.

I have also reinstalled every driver I can think of on my computer.

Comment

Still sounds heat-ish on the card, what are you using to check this? How about pulling the side cover off and running a small fan on it, just as a test, and play a bit to see whats up.

Also, is the card overclocked at all? If so, return it to normal and take it from there. I'm using a x800gto 256mb with nothing like that, on catalyst 6.5's.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                    Still sounds heat-ish on the card, what are you using to check this?
                    I am using the heat sensor that ATI built in the Catalyst Driver. When I get a chance I will hook up a heat probe to the underside of the card.

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                    Also, is the card overclocked at all?
                    It was placed on ATI's "Overdrive" setting. I have turned it off before this error orrcured.

Here is what EA recommended to no avail:
                    Originally posted by EA
                    We strongly advise that you have the latest motherboard chipset software drivers installed. These are periodically updated drivers that provide enhanced chipset support under Microsoft Windows operating systems. Installing these drivers can improve performance, fix issues and minimize any incompatibilities that you may experience.

You have a VIA motherboard chipset and updated drivers can be found on their website:

viaarena.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, viaarena.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Working...
                    X