Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just purchased BF2. What updates do I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased BF2. What updates do I get?

I know I could work it out for myself, but I just wan't to be sure because I'm letting it download them over night.
    I'm currently on just the normal BF2 out of the box without upgrades, so I'd think that's 1.0, but on the EA website the lowest update is to 1.2, so where's 1.1? Or am I missing something here?

Re: Just purchased BF2. What updates do I get?

You need to download the 1.3 patch. I would recommend the full version (~450MB). Be warned though. 1.3 has caused a lot of issues for people. Just browse all the bitching on these forums.

1.3 is all you'll need to play online. I wouldn't buy any of the expansions and boosters, but that's just me. If you want to, you can. I'd suggest playing some vanilla BF2 first.

Comment

Yeah I'm not planning on purchasing any expansions for a while. So if I download this uh, "Battlefield 2 v1.3 (438MB)", then it's a full install? It isn't just to patch from v1.2 to v1.3? It's to patch from v.1.0 to v1.3?

Comment

Originally posted by TechniK
        Yeah I'm not planning on purchasing any expansions for a while. So if I download this uh, "Battlefield 2 v1.3 (438MB)", then it's a full install? It isn't just to patch from v1.2 to v1.3? It's to patch from v.1.0 to v1.3?
        1.3 full patch is from 1.0 to 1.3 hence the full part

Comment

Yes I understand that, but it doesn't say "full patch" in the name.

Comment

Oh. Once you install patch 1.3 your version number will not be 1.3. It took me a minute to figure it out. Read about it here if you'd like.

Comment

Err?
              Right, well anyway I downloaded the "Battlefield 2 v1.3 (438MB)" and I'm just hoping it's the full install from version 1.0. I don't have much choice than to patch anyway because no Australian servers are running on version 1.0.

Comment

Working...
              X