Help with reporting exploit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with reporting exploit

I was playing on a Karkand nly server the other night and this guy kept killing anything that went near the hotel. Even when I was in places where I was sure I had cover, bullets would fly out of nowhere and I would die.

I didn't say anything but next round I was the commander on the other side and watched this guy use an exploit to get into the hotel. Its not the usual tank or C4 one. Its has to be new since 1.3 because of the way he does it.

No my problem is, who to I tell this to. I don't want to annouce how he did it on these boards for obvious reasons. I took some screen shots and I have the server info. The server even had battle recorder running which I found really funny because the guy exploiting was wearing the tags of the clan that ran the server (good going asshat). If one of the admins could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Also, where do I go to get the battle recorder video for the server. I want to make sure that this gets addressed. If they aren't going to fix it, the only way to make it fair is that everyone know how to do it.

Re: Help with reporting exploit

its the hiding in the hotel trick im sure theres been a few reports to bfroe.com

Comment

There's a sticky in this particular forum category for reporting stat padders and exploits! As for the battel recorder, it's under the community tab in game and then there should be a list of battle recorder files from all the servers that you have played on which have BR enabled. You may have to delete some of the files in order to get to the particular one you are looking for because I don't know the exact number but it will only show so many. Hope this helps.

Just look in the Sticky section. Sticky: Reporting Stat Padders and Cheaters

Comment

The tank/humvee spinning bug is no longer possible I think.
        It's a bug caused by a certain "feature" 1.3 brought.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
          its the hiding in the hotel trick im sure theres been a few reports to bfroe.com
          Had a guy use this exploit on our server a few nights ago so yes I'm sure there are quite a few reports to BFROE already. Totally blows my mind that these guys have nothing better to do than to find ways to exploit the game and get uber l33t h4xor scores!

Originally posted by Churrasco
          The tank/humvee spinning bug is no longer possible I think.
          It's a bug caused by a certain "feature" 1.3 brought.
          It has something to do with a feature that was added to the Commander goodies in 1.3!!! Cause the guy that did it on our server started off as commander and then he resigned right before performing the exploit.

Comment

OK. enough talk about how the exploit is done. Thanks for the help. BFROE is not all that great. I have used it several times and their process for reporting is both limited in what you can show them and requires more time that I like to spend just to have a slim possibility of having something fixed. I mean, why do I have to verify my email address every single time I report. That is stupid and just makes less people want to report cheaters.

Comment

I don't want to annouce how he did it on these boards for obvious reasons. [/QUOTE]

Three things you can do in fact

1. find the server admin forum usually these will have a ban list you can post your screen shots and see what the admin is going to do about this issue. Or if the main admin has an e-mail write a nice polite letter exsplaining what has gone on. And you may like the admin of the server to look at the battle recorder. But youmust include the person nickname, time and date. Most admins are very good and a nice polite letter should short the problem out.

2 report the person to www.bfroe.com in which they will look at the issue and report to our lovley E&A games

3 The next one I found very nice was to report to Punkbuster I will leave you with the email for you. If it is a new cheat or hack I have found that they are more than happy to here from anyone. Suggest only use this is you have found the exspolit cheat but don't open it or mess around with it just send a link to Punkbuster that way you will get a nice reply back, saying thank from them research@evenbalance.com

I am not a server admin but this is what I would have done if I was you. Hope I have been of help?

Responable admins and they are a lot should run this along side Punkbuster lets put a stop to cheats and hacks on BF2
              http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/in...p?showtopic=41

Comment

Thank you very much. Those are a couple things that I have not done before.

One thing I really don't get is, instead of patching the spinning tank expoit for example, only to have three more ways to get into buildings pop up, why don't they just make the walls solid from both sides? Who cares if someone gets into the building if they can not shoot out? They make it so that people can not shoot into a building but leave it so people can shoot out? Does that make any sense to any one???

Comment

yes make sense to me. But, it no doubt to the 1.3 patch that has brought this to light. We all have to wait and see what they are going to do to fix and I think they will. It is in the gaming company best interest that the next patch is near to perfet if they is such a thing called a perfect patch.

Glad I have help you and I hope something will be done.

Comment

has been discussed MANY times

Comment

LMAO! save you key strokes. EA won't care and the pubbies won't care too. Stop going to those ranked servers and put them out of business.

Comment

Working...
                      X