Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you TK friendly engineers coming to help you repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you TK friendly engineers coming to help you repair?

So I just died. Noticed that our artillery has been destroyed, so I go and spawn as engineer and start repairing it.

Another friendly comes over and TK's me, picks up my kit and starts repairing the artillery.

Didn't think much of it.

Another round I again spawn as engineer to repair our artillery and there's a guy already repairing it. I pull out my wrench to repair and he TK's me (another guy). He picks up my kit and continues to repair. I spawn again as engineer and he TK's me again!!!

Are engineers so hard up for repair points that they'll TK? Or are these guys just smacktards?

Re: Do you TK friendly engineers coming to help you repair?

probably after the repair badge

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
      Are engineers so hard up for repair points that they'll TK? Or are these guys just smacktards?
      Probably a little of both. I haven't seen this happen before, but I wouldn't doubt it takes place from time to time.

The most i've done is nade a supply box on arty/scanner/uav trailer so I could get the repair point I wanted.

Comment

Yeah that's pretty weird.. I generally don't care for repair points anymore and more for the fact I want my UAV or Arty back as soon as possible. More the merryr at repairing

Comment

Another friendly comes over and TK's me, picks up my kit and starts repairing the artillery.
          For the 1+ years I've played, mostly as an engy, I've had this happen to me twice. So overall, I'd say you caught a bad server or a couple of bad seeds...

Comment

I used to play engineer all the time. Never happened to me before.

Comment

Played on Sharqui last night, was about to take a flag and one from my team came over to me and tk'ed. Of course he got killed by arty a couple of secs later.

So whats going on in their heads, these kinds of ppl who tk so they get the credit?

But never experienced one killing you for helping your team out. Oh wait I did last night LoL. But never with the engineer thingy.

Comment

I nearly tk'd a support guy yesterday like, because he was on a fixed mg and doing absolutley nothing and I'd asked him to give me ammo 7 times over about 5 minutes, but he still stood there scanning the opposing flag (which was the palace on Warlord and both were ours so there weren't going to be any targets there anyway) so its not like he was afk cos he was moving.

I never though, and it would have only been out of frustration if I did, and not for the points.

Comment

Ok firstly i am going to represent the engineer class on this matter, check my sig for engineer global position.

We dont repair for the points, we repair to keep the armour in the "hot zone".
                  If we keep the armor alive and dont get any repair points THEN ITS JOB DONE !

What ****es us engineers off is when a sniper/AT is driving the tank and shouting for repairs, but they take no cover and just sit in the middle of the street waiting,

PLEASE TAKE COVER AND CALL FOR REPAIRS, WHEN I ARRIVE REMAIN STILL AND BE AWARE OF MY POSITION (external camera helps).

Engineers stop armour, that wins games on Karkand, DONT KNOCK US AS WE GOT ARSE RAPED BY DICE WITH REPAIR POINTS AS IT IS!

Comment

Prolly out for repair points, I tried to get my BASIC repair badge last night and came up short on 5 different maps... I tried the "Follow the armor in a transport and repair on the fly" method... got 4 repair points.

Tried the "Hang back with the commander and repair the assets" method, got TKd twice and 4 repair points...

I wonder if we blow up our own assets and repair them if we get repair points... hmm..

Comment

I've been TK'd before while engineer. I died and saw that our Arty was down, so I spawned as engineer and headed over there. There were 2 tubes down with a guy repairing the 3rd one. I go over and start repairing the other 2 and get tk'd. The guy was on my squad and he said don't steal my points. Was a bit sad. I guess he forgot that there is no 'I' in Teamwork.

Comment

Originally posted by macmillian
                        I've been TK'd before while engineer. I died and saw that our Arty was down, so I spawned as engineer and headed over there. There were 2 tubes down with a guy repairing the 3rd one. I go over and start repairing the other 2 and get tk'd. The guy was on my squad and he said don't steal my points. Was a bit sad. I guess he forgot that there is no 'I' in Teamwork.
                        That's despicable! I miss the days of BF42 before this stat/point bull...

Your main breed of ******* then, was just some jerk who would kill you for a plane.

The story you just told makes me want to choke that person and make them watch some sort of BF2 educational video on teamwork ala Clockwork Orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaster
                          I nearly tk'd a support guy yesterday like, because he was on a fixed mg and doing absolutley nothing and I'd asked him to give me ammo 7 times over about 5 minutes, but he still stood there scanning the opposing flag (which was the palace on Warlord and both were ours so there weren't going to be any targets there anyway) so its not like he was afk cos he was moving.

I never though, and it would have only been out of frustration if I did, and not for the points.
                          The only time I have ever intentially TK's were people like this... I will call for ammo/med and follow the person around, even calling for it right in front of their face. If I am in dire need, I will shoot them, take there kit and drop a few packs.... then I will type to give ammo when requested...

Ammo and meds are WAY easier than what engie's have to do... armorwhores should bow to the engie... I always do!

Comment

So I just died. Noticed that our artillery has been destroyed, so I go and spawn as engineer and start repairing it.

Didn't think much of it.

Another round I again spawn as engineer to repair our artillery and there's a guy already repairing it. I pull out my wrench to repair and he TK's me (another guy). He picks up my kit and continues to repair. I spawn again as engineer and he TK's me again!!!

Sounds like a couple of smacktards to me because I know how hard it is to get repair points but I've never been that hard up before to TK someone coming over to repair destroyed assetts! The more the merrier if you ask me and certainly gets the assetts repaired quicker and allows the CO to do his job more effectively IMO. And with the requirements being lowered, it's so much easier to get 20 IAR than 25.

Comment

Didn't think much of it.

Um, if you really thought about it, they simply null and void thier repair points out dont hey?

A teamkill is -4 to teamwork score right? A repair point is +1 to teamwork right? So if they TK you they kind of fVck themselves dont they?

Comment

Working...
                              X