1.30: Spawning on enemy squad leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.30: Spawning on enemy squad leader

So I'm in the MEC transport helicopter. Just me and another guy in my squad, then all of a sudden I get a pop-up showing someone got into the helicopter.

This is weird, I didn't see anyone join my squad, how could they spawn on me.

Then I notice that not only is this guy not in my squad (opened Squad Window to see only me and the other guy), but he's RED!!!

An enemy sniper spawned on me (not in squad so its not the red bug), in my helicopter!!!

He did this three times during the round. Here is a screenshot that I took with my squad screen open (no he did not spawn on me, with the red bug then leave, I had the squad screen open the whole time):

What you didn't see was the red dot in the vehicle thumbnail. He spawned and immediately jumped out.

Could this just be an artifact of the current red bug? I mean he could had been in my squad (won't show since he's red), and then he spawns on me normally? Can anyone confirm?

Re: 1.30: Spawning on enemy squad leader

I'm pretty sure the names in game when aiming at a team mate are the only things affected by colour.. but I could have just been lucky to not see this. Even if the colour changes in their name, they'll still be on your team on the scoreboard i.e. in your squad if he spawns on you. Did you say anything to him? Look behind you to make sure he's in a MEC uniform?
    Trust EA to screw up spawning points completely when altering squadleader spawns haha
    So, I guess, I wouldn't be surprised if he is spawning on you

Comment

Originally posted by Fakesound
      I'm pretty sure the names in game when aiming at a team mate are the only things affected by colour.. but I could have just been lucky to not see this. Even if the colour changes in their name, they'll still be on your team on the scoreboard i.e. in your squad if he spawns on you. Did you say anything to him? Look behind you to make sure he's in a MEC uniform?
      No I can't confirm that, nor was I in F10 view to see him as he lept.

Perhaps if the server had Battlerecorder I could go back and verify, but all I got is the screenshot and my recount.

Comment

Did you see him at any other point in the game to make sure he was an enemy??

Comment

Originally posted by Fakesound
          Did you see him at any other point in the game to make sure he was an enemy??
          No, but the enemy commander did spot him. I was over the Hotel and the guy spawned and lept, then the commander spotted him, a sniper. There is a chance, however, that an enemy sniper spawned below me though and its that guy the commander spotted and not me.

This happened twice, once over the Hotel and another over the USMC main base.

Comment

Should've asked your commander about the problem. If it was a coincidental sniper below you, or one recently parachuted down. And um, did you mean "enemy commander" (?? how'd you know what he spotted ??), or my commander

Comment

this is 1 darn funny bug... luv to c this in action some day. i would hav jumped out n left that enemy sniper to fly down to his death though...

Comment

Thats a bug where YOU alone sees him as enemy. Infact he is in your squad. But the game wont let you see it. Happened to me and a friend 1 time. He was like "omg I'm in a car, with the enemy!!". I could however see that he was in our squad and green :| Nice bug tho

Comment

This has happened to me, but the fact is that the enemy can get on the same choppers as you. Ive dont this with my others friends and it is possible.

Comment

yea thats just anbother one of those server glitches... iv seen ppl on my team with red tages before other times iv seen the ppl get into the helicopter and not be in my squad

Comment

Yeah it isn't a hack/cheat they dident fix the red/blue name tag so he was like in your squad but appearing with a red name...check the clothes if it's the same as u well it's friendly

Comment

this has happened to my before when flying attack helo. no driver assist points for me...

Comment

This happened to me in the FAV i was like oh crap and jumped out and shot the guy

Comment

I believe that this is a product of the red/green bug. They should also show up as an enemy on the UAV, which is really annoying because just when you think you "pwn3d" that "n00b" with a knife, you really got a TK.

Comment

I don't think it's always the red/blue bug. I've capped the Suburbs on Karkand completely only to watch the enemy spawn there, with no one on the UAV (so it wasn't a sneaky squad leader) and c4 my tank. The same guys from the same clan did this all round, so I left the server. Some of my clan mates were with me, and they all confirmed that I wasn't seeing things...

Comment

Working...
                              X