Basic engy badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic engy badge

OK, i seem to be engineer retarded, i just cannot get this badge, no matter how hard i try. The shotgun seems to be shooting egg shells for me, and i can barely kill anything. Anyone got any tips? i know i'm pathetic asking for help with a basic badge, but i have all my other class basics, along with pistol+knife

Re: Basic engy badge

go get in a chopper as a engy and kill people.

Comment

The shotgun can be difficult if your enemy is a good distance from you. If you have the MP-7, it's 40 round magazine, and high rate of fire can help. The Jackhammer is nearly unstoppable at close range. All of the standard shotguns can own too, but... You must try to shoot at their heads. One strategy is to try to sneak up on your enemy. Make sure to look at the minimap to see if there are any nearby so you can surprise them. Often, one blast from any shotgun directly in the face, and the enemy will die.

The shotgun is mostly used for CQB, but I have killed some people at range. Try to stay around cover and use it to your advantage. If you have to traverse wide open areas, try and ask for cartillery, or catch a ride with someone. Tanks will normally stop to pick up an engineer, it will keep his whoring alive that much longer.

If you have the US shotgun, it's important to aim for the head in order to dispatch your enemies quickly. The MEC shotgun is semi-automatic, and as long as you aim for upper body, most times you can kill them in 3 to 4 blasts (sometimes more, sometimes less, depends on where you hit them, and how much body armor they have on. I've seen AT's soak up a tremendous amount of bullets, and keep going) Less than 5 ft away, 1 blast to the head will kill them.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Grab an APC or Tank. Nuff said. Those 10 kills will roll around in no time.

Comment

Originally posted by Maestro Satanus
          Grab an APC or Tank. Nuff said. Those 10 kills will roll around in no time.
          I second that one. Get the APC and it will be easy. You mean combat right.

Comment

I never ment to get mine.. Stroll round any corner in karkand and a guy with a close-quarter shotgun owns

Comment

yeah go to karka with the trusty m11 shotgun, 1 shot kill if you are a good aim

Comment

Get in apc or tank and score 10 kills then you will get it with no problem

Comment

use the M11

try to pick routes

get the enemy from the back

get them by surprise

use only one shot

Comment

If you want to get it with the shotgun head to the hotel at Karkand, or to the convoy wreck on SF Ghost Town. Crouch down. Wait for many victims.

Comment

Use the pistol.. Works at quite a long range.

Comment

Originally posted by YoSoyPedro
                        Use the pistol.. Works at quite a long range.
                        Should always do this if you are an engy anyway. Shot, close, Pistol, far.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakesound
                          Should always do this if you are an engy anyway. Shot, close, Pistol, far.
                          Or another idea. Tank close, tank far. Or a variation on that. APC close, APC far. Safer than the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesewz
                            Or another idea. Tank close, tank far. Or a variation on that. APC close, APC far. Safer than the pistol.
                            Dunno.. some engys are still idiots.. Mine far, Mine clBOOM!

2 things that need to be added to BF2.
                            1: 2m wrench throwing
                            2: Wrench dismantling enemy vechiles, UAVs, artys.. etc

Comment

I got my basic the day after I bought the game...

Got my Expert a few months ago.

wtf! You are talking about the combat badge! That one I got in my first round of BF2...it's extremely easy, just run into the streets of Karkand or any other urban map with a pump shotty.

Comment

Working...
                              X