com issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• com issues

I just got a mic and im having trouble getting it to work. My first issue was the mic was being muted when I launch BF, i learned of this by reading on this forum. My next issue is when I press v which is the default key for com nothing happens. This is the correct key, right? When I do a mic test in BF it registers. I'm beginning to think that maybe I'm overlooking somthing obvious and there is no technical issue. Am I doing somthing wrong here? thanks

Re: com issues

V should work. Sometimes if you have "Boost Mic Gain" on it won't work. I also need help. For some reason, my mic will work for the first minute or two then my VOIP is disabled. I don't know why. Now, my mic won't even work during the test.

Comment

Re: com issues

I reinstalled everything and adjusted the mic gain. I can hear myself talking in game but when I press v to transmit nothing happens. Is this why you don't see many people using the mic, there are many issues? Any advice.

I think this did it, I found this on experts-exchange.

I have had this problem also, and here's what fixed mine.

1. Update your audio <i>and</i> motherboard drivers
      2. Go to control panel/sounds and audio devices and select the "Voice" tab. Under voice recording select the "Volume" tab and ensure you have microphone selected.
      3. Select "advanced" under microphone and check "1 Microphone +20db Boost" is selected if available
      4. Go back to the "Voice" tab and select the "Test Hardware" tab. It will take a few seconds to set itself up then you can test that your mic and headphones are working correctly.
      5. If they are then go back to the Battlefield 2 root and retry the VOIP Setup and it should work.
      6. In the game, go to the audio section and slide the detection bar (can't remember exactly what it's called but it's the sliding bar just above the "Test VOIP" tab) all the way to the left and test the mic etc in the game. If it works here it will work on any server that has VOIP enabled.

Comment

Working...
      X