Sound Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Problems

I tried to search for this problem on EA and here, but found nothing.

I had been playing BF2 using my onboard Realtek Sound. I recently upgraded to a inexpensive Turtle Beach Riviera card which is supported by BF2. I used Drive Clean to remove the Realtek Drivers and disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS. I then installed the Riviera card.

I also uninstalled BF2 because I was getting the Modified Content error with Euro Force. So I reinstalled BF2 in the recommended steps BF2, BF2 SF, BF2 1.3 Full, Euro Forces.

So that's the background.

The problem I'm having is that whatever direction I am facing, I can hear virtually across the map in that direction. I can face MEC Factory at startup of Karkand and hear their tanks starting up. On the other hand, I can't hear anything that I'm not facing. So as I stand still and rotate 360, it's a constantly changing set of sounds.

It's very difficulyt to play like this, but I'm not sure where the problem lies. My audio.con is as follows

Code:
    AudioSettings.setVoipEnabled 1
    AudioSettings.setVoipPlaybackVolume 1
    AudioSettings.setVoipCaptureVolume 1
    AudioSettings.setVoipCaptureThreshold 0
    AudioSettings.setVoipBoostEnabled 0
    AudioSettings.setVoipUsePushToTalk 1
    AudioSettings.setProvider "hardware"
    AudioSettings.setSoundQuality "Medium"
    AudioSettings.setEffectsVolume 1
    AudioSettings.setMusicVolume 0
    AudioSettings.setHelpVoiceVolume 1
    AudioSettings.setEnglishOnlyVoices 0
    AudioSettings.setEnableEAX 1

Re: Sound Problems

Change to software and disable EAX

Comment

THATS LEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ITs like super hax. haha. I dont know ho EAX and software will help but it probably will. the only thing is, that would mean he just blew money on the soundcard because now his sound is worse (software plus no EAX = bad).

but thats still pretty cool havent heard of that before.

Comment

Well, I bought the card because I thought it would help with the VOIP and sound loops crashes I was having.

Comment

Working...
        X