Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does it mean when I lose the connection to the server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it mean when I lose the connection to the server?

It happens about every couple of hours. I get a message that my connection to the server is lost, and get kicked back to the server browser. Does it mean there is something wrong with my internet connection, my computer, or the server? I'm wondering if the moment I lose the connection, everyone else playing the game loses it as well.

I'm playing the 1.3 version and although I've lost the connection several times in the past year, it has never been close to being this bad.

Re: What does it mean when I lose the connection to the server?

Your INet connection ****d up, or the server crashed or was restarted.

Comment

for me it is very rare and is when the server crashes. I know its that because everyone im with over TS has the same problem. If it happens all the time you have a connection problem

Comment

Originally posted by glcm1961
        It happens about every couple of hours. I get a message that my connection to the server is lost, and get kicked back to the server browser. Does it mean there is something wrong with my internet connection, my computer, or the server? I'm wondering if the moment I lose the connection, everyone else playing the game loses it as well.

I'm playing the 1.3 version and although I've lost the connection several times in the past year, it has never been close to being this bad.
        This typically means that you are not longer connected to the server...when you lose the connection that is. :laugh: Seriously, you are losing packets (packet loss), your service provider is losing bandwidth somewhere down the pipeline. If I were you, I'd call them and let them know what is going on. You pay for service might as well let them know you aren't getting your money's worth.
        Other explanaitions could be you have a slowly dying modem/router, faulty cables/connection (physical plug). :cry:

Comment

It's 1.3, it's making servers crash so you'll get this message fairly often because the servers crash fairly often.

Comment

Working...
          X