Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left shift key for ground control. Why can't I bind it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left shift key for ground control. Why can't I bind it?

No matter what I do I can't bind the damn left shift key for crouch. I can set it to anything else, but not crouch. Right now I've got it set to prone, but I'm used to shift=crouch and control=prone. It keeps telling me duplicate key found, but there's nothing in any of the options (air, ground, etc).

Re: Left shift key for ground control. Why can't I bind it?

(--Support Forum please--)

I would just look through all of your options again, maybe you missed a miscellaneous L-Shift somewhere...you should be able to bind it.

Comment

I've done that. About 20 times. Nowhere in any of my options is the left shift key used.

I can bind it to prone, but not crouch. Anytime I try and bind it to crouch I get that message. I can use left shift for anything but crouch.

Comment

go into you bf2 folder in "my documents" and apend these changes to your controls.con(opens as txt file)
        ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICrouch IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftShift 0 0
        leftshift is usually for spirinting, so recheck any conflicts between turbobooster/afterburner. Remember to back up your control.con before editing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunnysnot
          go into you bf2 folder in "my documents" and apend these changes to your controls.con(opens as txt file)
          leftshift is usually for spirinting, so recheck any conflicts between turbobooster/afterburner. Remember to back up your control.con before editing it.
          Well then...I know who to call when I need to bind the soon-to-come integrated CTD button!

Comment

Ace_437 is right. I've NEVER been able to choose the LEFT SHIFT button for crouch. It says that duplicate keys have been found in the HELICOPTER section, but there are none. I'll give the "my documents" section a crack.

Comment

let us know if it works.

it helps new folks to see results. sometimes just a solution with no "hey thanks that worked" discourages people to try it.

Comment

Yeah I had this problem some time ago and fixed it by manually editing the controls.con.

From memory if you search the *.con file you'll see (i think) the boat has L-Shift assignment even though it doesn't appear on the controls page ingame. You need to remove this line.

Comment

Awesome. I'll try that right now. Thanks guys!

Ahh, it works.

Comment

I don't mean to get off topic here but this question does kinda involve control setting modification.

We all know how challenging/frustrating/complicated it can be to modify your keyboard setting in BF2. It seems like you can't change one key without having to change several others.

Has anyone used or know anything about the Zboard that you can buy at your neighborhood electronics store? I have considered getting it but I am not sure its for me. What do you guys know or what have you heard?

If you are not sure what I am talking about, do a search for the BF2 Zboard. I would post a link, but I do not want to get in trouble for advertising or what not.

Comment

I could change any key except the left shift key. It didn't matter with any of the other keys. They could all be used in different menus (boat, helicopter, etc) and still be assigned in ground control. You could have the C key doing someting in ground, and also something in the air controls. For some reason the left shift key just doesn't work.

But yes, everything is fine after modifying the controls.com file.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace_437
                        I could change any key except the left shift key. It didn't matter with any of the other keys. They could all be used in different menus (boat, helicopter, etc) and still be assigned in ground control. You could have the C key doing someting in ground, and also something in the air controls. For some reason the left shift key just doesn't work.
                        wtf stop babbling non sense you said it works now it doesnt shut up already

Comment

Originally posted by extremepilot
                          Blow me. It works fine after changing the controls.con file. Now go watch your Wiggles show on TV, and then when you're done, try to grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by extremepilot
                            maybe you need ro read his post again and actually try to comprehend what he's saying?

Comment

Working...
                            X