No announcement yet.

Possible to continue playing with 1.22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to continue playing with 1.22?

I'm getting BF2 this Tuesday, and I've been hearing that patch 1.3 has many issues, should I get 1.22 and play with that til there's a patch that fixes 1.3?

Could somebody please just reply with "yes it is possible" or "no it is not possible" PLEASE

Re: Possible to continue playing with 1.22?

If there are a decent amount of servers running 1.22 and if you are happy to
    i have patch 1.3 and have no issues with it

Comment

You could patch to 1.22 but you will find only a small fraction of servers will be 1.22 compatible.
      1.3 created issues and didn't really fix what we wanted, however you will be able to play many more servers if you download 1.3.

I played the original version online and it was great.

Comment

yes, it's possible HOWEVER, I would highly encourage you to start out with 1.3 because of functionality changes EA/Dice have made.

Xm3rcX

Comment

Originally posted by jjames010
          yes, it's possible HOWEVER, I would highly encourage you to start out with 1.3 because of functionality changes EA/Dice have made.

Xm3rcX
          www.killerbananas.org
          Crashing to desktop when joining a server is a functionality change? Sweet.

Comment

oh, it's Auto ER. my public forums menace.

I'm no fan of 1.3 either however since he's new to BF2, it would be advisble for him/her to learn the functionality as it stands with 1.3. He/She have a lot of ramping up to do.

I have not had one single CDT since the 1.3 patch.

Xm3rcX

Comment

There's a bunch of servers with version 1.22 still running. But I personally really like 1.3 (specifically the squad changes), and haven't had problems with it.

Comment

Ok then, I think I'll just play with 1.3. Can I just point out that this isn't my first time playing Battlefield 2, far from it in fact. I used to have it but ended up selling it (long story), and I missed it so I'm buying it again. Haven't played it since the first patch I think.... I look forward to getting back to the battlefield!

Comment

welcome back, you'll notice alot of changes..

Comment

BFHQ blocks most stats aquired from servers not up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by jjames010
                      I have not had one single CDT since the 1.3 patch.
                      Its not the CTD, its the server crashes.

Comment

Yes it's possible.

If you want to play for fun and not go through technical brain damage, stick with 1.22

If you have to play for ranks/points then you need to patch to 1.3

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                          Crashing to desktop when joining a server is a functionality change? Sweet.
                          Lol I get that too. I figured out a trick to avoid it though.

Comment

Need some help

OK dudes i have some problem that i can't solve. i was truing everything i could but nothing seemed to work. basically my problem is that right after i have upgraded to new patch 1.3 i cant play because right after i select the weapon and that spawn point i get message problem with connection. i am like WTH. but anyway after few minutes without spawning and getting the " problem with connection message" i end up in the main menu with the message " kicked by punk buster for (1 minute) crap and sometime it ads to that high lag of 250" or something like that and i just downloaded the damn patch from Total BF2 website. so am am desperate for help. PLEAS SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!! oh and my comp stats are video card e-GeForce 7800 GT 256 gddr3 have 3.0 processor and 1GB DDR3 memory sticks. my aim is Ivanthemidget or the email jobandooo@yahoo.com
                            I want to play the damn game damn it!!!!!
                            Thank you for any help.

Comment

Rolled back to 1.22, tried a apparently Ranked server, and aftter one round get "COnnection Lost" or even at joining, even 1.22 servers are infected ??

Comment

Working...
                              X