Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for you to fall in love with DICE/EA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would it take for you to fall in love with DICE/EA?

I'm just curious ...

Putting commercial realities aside for the moment and the obvious fact that none of these things are likely to happen, what would DICE/EA have to do, at this point, for you to consider them amongst the greatest developers and publishers in gaming history?

I know that to daydream of such things is pure fantasy and nothing more but for me, it would be the following:

- Complete elimination of all the game's bugs / problems.
    - Full integration of Special Forces, Euro Force and Armored Fury into the vanilla version of the game.
    - Massive improvement in the quality of support and communication with the community (preferably with special emphasis on mod development and BF2 film-making).
    - Comprehensive overhaul of the BF2 film-making utilities.
    - Inclusion of all-new game modes (CTF, at the very least).

I know those things are never going to happen but if they did, I'd be their most loyal customer.

How about everyone else? What would Dice/EA have to do to reap your undying praise and admiration?

Re: What would it take for you to fall in love with DICE/EA?

what you said

Comment

i just wish they would stop the crashes

just now, i wasted about 45 min, all of it trying to login/reconnect/restart the game after some stupid random crash or random disconnect

this was not a major problem before 1.3

Comment

Love Potion 69.

Unlikely in the near future, to be honest. I think they really need to come out with a clean and stable patch very soon though if they ever hope to win my loyalty.

Comment

What he said. Plus a *edited*

Comment

hey ive been ok since the full

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBunny63
              Plus a *edited*.
              Maybe submit the request in writing to Larry Probst and see how you go ...

Comment

Self Propelled Artillery

Auxiliary Naval units like the Pegasus

Modeling of physics for each aircraft in the game, just because there is a big "Go-fast/turn fast" button for the J-10 doesnt mean pwnage.

Fixing all of the bugs, glitches, exploits almost in real time as they appear.

Retaining the core game developers on a living wage and allowing them to work whatever they want to in addition to releasing patches and addressing issues.

More precise sniping. Banging a barret 4 rounds at someone 30 feet away is insane. It does not fit what Barrets are capable of in real life. Perhaps Killjoy No gore-blood or red mists rules are to blame. One round, one kill.

View distances influenced by day, night and storms.

I have stood on battlefields and recorded individual people on camcorder that was nearly 2 miles away in very good weather as a trial to see what it can do. There is no question that if you can see them, you can kill them.

Hard coding proper animation that forces people to put the damn PKM down first then going to knees then proning. Not drop and fire one shot as soon as thier attention is captured by a buzz of bullets from a random accuracy weapon 10 feet away.

Subsystems on armor and Aircraft. Suppose a sniper shot the battery or starter motor of that Humvee? What do you do then? Call the engineer.

FIX the runway by making it off limits to all but the actual pilot taking off or landing. In addition fix the aircraft so that they must land and be rearmed by engineers working in a rearm/refuel area.

Anyone on said runway does not get to punish the pilot for teamkill.

In fact, remove the entire punish system.

Keep stats as a personal log.

Allow ranks tied to global achievements and remove IAR requirements.

on and on and on.

Basically things that many mods and games other than Battlecrap already has.

Comment

please stop making such radical changes to the game...

Comment

add 10-15% to the blackhawk + other fat chopper' mini's please

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                      Self Propelled Artillery
                      Auxiliary Naval units like the Pegasus
                      Modeling of physics for each aircraft in the game, just because there is a big "Go-fast/turn fast" button for the J-10 doesnt mean pwnage.
                      Fixing all of the bugs, glitches, exploits almost in real time as they appear.
                      Retaining the core game developers on a living wage and allowing them to work whatever they want to in addition to releasing patches and addressing issues.
                      More precise sniping. Banging a barret 4 rounds at someone 30 feet away is insane. It does not fit what Barrets are capable of in real life. Perhaps Killjoy No gore-blood or red mists rules are to blame. One round, one kill.
                      View distances influenced by day, night and storms.....
                      You need to enlist in the military, you can have that in RL, Keep in mind you get only 1 spawn point.

I think if they fixed the real bugs and asked the communities for feedback.

Comment

They broke my heart, I'll never go back to them again!! ....

lol yes, I am being a moron hehe

Comment

A functional server browser is all I ask for.

Comment

STOP THE FRICKIN ROCKETS GOIN THROUGH CARS, damn it gets annoyin they drive strait towards you, BAM! you shoot the rocket flys straight through the damn car they drive over you.

Get some new maps onto the game with some new vehicles EA ok ur booster packs have um but u send all these patches out, what was the patch that had wake island on it, nice move EA/Dice use ur noggins and do it again.

Comment

Better mod support, Holding back the new bf till most mods get a .2 out, fixing lag, making it harder to snipe, new maps, new army like brittian, higher poly counts, fix of karkand exploit (easy to do), pay my taxes. Stuff of that sort.

Comment

Working...
                              X