Quality on the movies question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality on the movies question

Hmm, I've always been a big fan of high quality movies, but I haven't found a good way yet to make this happen.

Is WMM doomed to make the quality go away?
    - If not, which setting should I choose, when I convert. Size/quality wize of course.

Is there something wrong with my Fraps? Since I'm getting this baad quality out of it.

Should I use Premiere for better quality or can you do the same with WMM?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Quality on the movies question

Yes, WMM sucks when rendering the movie. You can try setting it to 2.1 Mbps which is "ok" quality.

This setting is the highest quality... thats still one more setting which is higher than this. But this setting is not reasonable in the size as it normally takes GB for a few minutes video. Btw the setting is DV-AVI (NTSC).

Is not the problem with Fraps, is how you render it out of your movie maker.
    Small size movies may be good but sucky quality even though your raw video (recorded in fraps) is damn great.

So... ya you should consider using Premiere or Vegas (which is quite good for beginners like me ). These editing programs have great effects and quality, and also got more options when rendering it.

Comment

Hehe, I'm also a beginner. So I'm just trying to settle, where I feel, I get the most out of it contra quality.

Comment

I would tend to render everything out uncompressed, edit it then render it in .avi format using divx/xvid usually works good.

Comment

But there is no uncompressed option in WMM.

Comment

sorry should have said, render out in uncompressed avi. make sure you have the HDD space though because its like 100MB per second of video.

Comment

But like he said Eden, you don't get that option in WMM.

Comment

Working...
              X