Commanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commanding

Hey guys i read an earlier post about commanding.I tried commanding a ranked server tonight for the first time and got 232 points.I recieved my badge and a staff officer ribbon.The map was karkand.Does the difficulty vary greatly from map to map when commander?Was this a rare score?Anyway i found that communication is the key,i notify when artillery is available and supplies are available.I drop vehicles to lonely infantry (not snipers for the most part)And i find my team praises me with thank you's.I read these forum threads everyday and got alot of tips from them,then make my own gameplan.But i havent commanded a wide open map such as oman...Should i stick to smaller then work up?

Re: Commanding

Karkand is the easiest map to command on, IMO. Don't expect 232 points regularly though.

Just do what has to be done. Your job is to support the team. That means drop supplies near armor when you see they're getting into a heavy fight, put a UAV up over where your guys are attacking, drop arty when you can get the most bang for the buck, drop cars to people stranded.

After a bit you won't have to tell them something is available, you'll just know where it is needed. Also orders are not really neccessary I find. Most people know what they're doing and will do that. If you find yourself on a team that just has zero teamwork no amount of orders you give will change that.

Comment

On 16 player maps, fight with the men.

On 64s, camp it up in a safe place.

Apart form that, your approach is fine, don't worry about the map type so much, you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by iburnasses
        Hey guys i read an earlier post about commanding.I tried commanding a ranked server tonight for the first time and got 232 points.I recieved my badge and a staff officer ribbon.The map was karkand.Does the difficulty vary greatly from map to map when commander?Was this a rare score?Anyway i found that communication is the key,i notify when artillery is available and supplies are available.I drop vehicles to lonely infantry (not snipers for the most part)And i find my team praises me with thank you's.I read these forum threads everyday and got alot of tips from them,then make my own gameplan.But i havent commanded a wide open map such as oman...Should i stick to smaller then work up?
        Keep up the good work. We want commanders like you.

Comment

nice score, was it on a high points server, 64 player size map with less than or about 20 players?

Comment

Karkand is the easiest map to get a good commander score. Yet that is much better than anything i ever got. Was it a 30players on 64 map that lasts for 2 hours map? Or was it a normal 20 min game?
            I usually take orders and i usually get very happy when a commander gives them to me.
            If i wan't to go specOps and blow enemy arty and stuff up, then i create a squad called: Spec Ops. So that the commander understands and gives me orders to destroy that stuff and drops a supply crate...

Comment

I think Ghost Town on SF is the easiest map to get good scores on. When I command on ghost town my team wins 95% of the time... and the only time they don't win is when I go to take a **** or grab a new beer during gameplay. That map really depends on the winning team having 2 of 3 things: 1. a good heli pilot, 2. a good commander, 3. good players/a pwnage squad (clans)

Comment

Originally posted by Boots
                I think Ghost Town on SF is the easiest map to get good scores on. When I command on ghost town my team wins 95% of the time... and the only time they don't win is when I go to take a **** or grab a new beer during gameplay. That map really depends on the winning team having 2 of 3 things: 1. a good heli pilot, 2. a good commander, 3. good players/a pwnage squad (clans)
                Yeah the reason why it's the easisest map to command is because there are only two places, you can put the UAV at. First one is the middle flag on the car wrecks, it covers almost the entire map. Second one is a bit more to the west to cover the two chopper spawns. Nobody cares about the Eastern island flags :laugh:

Comment

JEEZZ Man!!
                  232 points!:shock:

Comment

Working...
                  X