Servers with 0 ping?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers with 0 ping?????

Just recently when I go the server browser, the top 5-10 servers say 0 ping. This is rubbish, when i click on them and join a game my ping is always artound 250, I'm in Korea, and all the sites are based in the US (I can tell by the names of them)

Why does this happen? Are the servers doing something to make their ping 0 so more people will join? How do I get them to show the true ping value?

Re: Servers with 0 ping?????

0 pings are problems with Gamespy/BF2 communications. They've always been around to one degree or another. If you're seeing more creeping up, I'm guessing GS needs to do some mataniance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandred
      Just recently when I go the server browser, the top 5-10 servers say 0 ping. This is rubbish, when i click on them and join a game my ping is always artound 250, I'm in Korea, and all the sites are based in the US (I can tell by the names of them)

Why does this happen? Are the servers doing something to make their ping 0 so more people will join? How do I get them to show the true ping value?
      It happens because it's Gaymspy.

No, it's Gaymspy.

You cannot. It's Gaymspy.

Comment

As long as you are sorting by ping, just scroll down a bit and go for the next best server that does not have a ping of 0. A server with a ping of 0 is pretty much always going to be a bad one. So Just ignore them and go for the lowest number you can find that is not 0 I usually find the best pings I get are around 40 to 60.

Comment

I find most of them to be empty, and also, how can something take no time to recieve/send data?

Comment

im getting around 1500 ping and also 0 not sure why.

Comment

I use alt+tab to get out of the game. Startup ASE get the right ip of the server i want and play. Faster and better even if its an xtra action. Just dont use the ingame browser

Comment

I get 0 ping also but the lowest I get is areound 250. I wish I could find some way to get lower ping. Any ideas?

Breetone, what do you mean? Could you explain that? I always get around 250 ping all the time.

Comment

ASE (All Seeing Eye) is an external application for browsing games that connect via the GameSpy network.

However, it's dead. Changes in the way GS hosts BF2 have rendered it useless and it will not be updated.
                  http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74632

Jeff, the thing is that the in-game browser doesn't return accurate ping counts. Because of the way that the Gamespy network is set up, you very rarely get real pings in your game browser. The best you can do is to recheck those servers by clicking 'em. Watch the ping values go up and down. Then cross your fingers and pick one that seems lowest.

Comment

Dandred, if you are looking for a good U.S. server with a decent ping count, look for EA U.S. West servers (assuming EA updates them) as they give me 170-180 ping, the lowest ping count from any U.S. based servers I played.

Comment

Working...
                    X